Interior issue >

Interior issue

Notices

Interior issue

Old 04-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior issue

I have an 06 36 w/ the carbon fiber interior and the sides of my bolsters are dis-coloring. The material is a light gray, and now it is starting to look a light tan (looks dirty). Its only happening on the sides of the bolsters.....nowhere else. My boat stays in a covered boathouse and I also keep a full cover on the boat. Anyone else having this problem? I know there was some bad carbon fiber material out there a few years ago and am wondering if this isn't the result.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NOMOGOFAST
I have an 06 36 w/ the carbon fiber interior and the sides of my bolsters are dis-coloring. The material is a light gray, and now it is starting to look a light tan (looks dirty). Its only happening on the sides of the bolsters.....nowhere else. My boat stays in a covered boathouse and I also keep a full cover on the boat. Anyone else having this problem? I know there was some bad carbon fiber material out there a few years ago and am wondering if this isn't the result.
it could be..I know of many manufactures were having problems with certain CF material..especially the silver in color. I personally love the look..but thats why I elected not to go with it on my boat..Good Luck.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear Don!

I have the blue on my 07 and it's holding up great. I have had a little scuffing on the top of the headrest from the wind blowing my cover around so I put a towel over them and then the cover on.

I'm wondering why just there- if you find the issue please update! Do they use a different thickness or some thing on the sides- more/less pliable or more/less abrasion resistant?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 551 Posts

Don,
The silver CF has really bad discoloring issues. It actually happens when the underside of your Sunbrella gets wet and the waterproofing additive in the material dilutes and runs down the CF vinyl. You could look into having it sprayed or dyed, but might as well have it done right, with the newer generation CF material.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Default Interior

I'll let you guys know what happens. My sunbrella cover never gets wet though. My boat in under the boathouse.....covered. Its not doing it on top of the bolsters and the cover lays on them. Its just on the sides. I may see if I can take the bolster apart and send it to the factory to get redone.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

Default question

What are you guys using to get the rust stains out around the hinges in the floor cmpartments?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

NoMo, go to the grocery store and buy some Sno-Bowl...better than the other toliet cleaners...trust me...spray it on, brush it around and hose it off. Your gel will be white again.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Registered

Default Sno Bowl

Thanks Mike, that's what I was looking for. Something that works that isn't gonna eat the finish (goof off etc).