Concept or Renegade? >

Concept or Renegade?

Notices

Concept or Renegade?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concept or Renegade?

I had the chance to look at a 30ft Concept a few weeks ago-very very nice boat. Seems it is 28ft with 2ft fort he swim platform. I was in Pensacola this weekend and a Renegade pulled up-looked like a 32ft I think with twin 300 Suzukis on it and man oh man did it too look sweeeet! I figured maybe those that have bought a Concept might have also looked at this brand (goods, bads, major differences, etc etc etc)? Any info would be greatly appreciated, I am looking to move out of my 25ft Baja with a single I/O into a 30ft with twins...Thanks!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year 30 you thinking of? Late 2006 they stepped the hull which made them ride much better and the hull much more efficient.

Pre-2002 the 30 was called the 28. The Coast Guard mandated that every manufacturer must include brackets and/or the pulpit in LOA. Concept changed their model line up names accordingly.

IMHO the fit, materials and finish of the Renegade was not up to par with the Concept's, however there the price point reflected such as well. "Boats" kind of last forever, it's the stuff on them that breaks so I went with Concept because they used better stuff. The cleats, nuts & bolts, hinges, etc on my Concept are equal if not superior to boats costing 3-5 times as much.

The layouts are different so depending on what you are looking for:

30 Concept has a cabin; 30 Renegage doesn't
32 Concept doesn't have a cabin; 32 Renegade does

Both are semi-custom builders so one boat could be way different than another from the same company. Power and options can make a HUGE difference in price. 250XS's are cheap compared to 350 Verado's. Can save/spend 15% right there for example.

I had an 04 Concept 30 w/225EFI's and now have an 07 Concept 326 w/300XS's

I went with Concept both times after looking at both brands both times.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Registered

Default Md. Mark

MD.Mark,

Well said. I came to the same conclusion when comparing the two manufacturers.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Registered

baja 25SST,
I went from a 32' go fast to a 30' Concept w/twin 225hp took some getting used too, I missed the noise. but the first time I went out on a warm Sat. in Dec. without having to re-winterize I forgot about the noise. I have a cabin I have actually slept in, the boat rides and handles well. Md. Mark had some influence on me going this route. Clean up is half the time or less than with a full cabin boat. I looked at a few others but ultimately decieded on the Concept and Mercurys. The style and look of these boats get alot of attention. My kids also like this boat better. Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you some pics. In this area Md. Mark in the Concept Guru, pick his brain some
Old 05-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Registered

I have a 30' Carrera in the classifieds. Not to bash any other brands but when I looked for this style boat, the ride of the others didn't compare. My hull is the old carrera race hull,and it rides unbelievable for a boat of this size.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Well hands down the Concept is the best looking boat over the Renegage or the Carrera.In Florida you see alot of Concepts,a well made boat and well known boat.You will love the Concept.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Are the Renegade and Carrera self bailing hulls?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Good info guys. I'm waiting on settleing with my insurance company on my 33 Baja and am considering a 30'+ CC for my next boat as I've moved and will be keeping it in a marina where there are no lifts. Which means with a CC I can get those motors out of the water completely while it sits at the dock. Am I correct in assuming the motors can get fully out of the water on the concepts?

I've subscribed to this thread for future updates!

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 05-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

No the engine will not come out of the water all the way.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Interesting. Too bad, was hoping that would be an additional bonus of a concept.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.