Powerplay vs Concept >

Powerplay vs Concept

Notices

Powerplay vs Concept

Old 09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Powerplay vs Concept

Any thoughts on which is a better buy assuming similar pricing, similar power and six year difference in age (concept being six years newer).
Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you looking at? My friends have powerplays both center counsels and then speed boats too. I have a 36 concept love the boat and it is a great hull. Loves the rough water like the power plays too!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Don't know much about Powerplay boats but did here they were good boats,but do know about Concept from 23 to 27 then 36 and they are great boats.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

nkosi,
I am not sure where you are located but I have a 2007 36' Concept with a pair of 300XS Optimaxs for sale and a brand new 35' Latitude with a pair of 250 E-TECS in stock if you would be interested in a side by side comparison. I will demo both for you one after another. The biggest difference between them is the layup/construction. The Latitude and former Powerplay are vacuum bagged and bonded. Before making a decision I would highly recommend a demo ride.

If interested let me know. You have an open invitation.

Fred Brady
ALLSTAR Marine - Latitude Sales
Mobile: 410-320-9220
[email protected]
www.allstarmarineonline.com
Old 09-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you would like to check out an Concept 2003 30' thats for sale. I'm more than willing to show you mine
Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

Thanks. I appreciate the offer but I am actually looking at the bigger models...33/36..
Old 09-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Registered

Nkosi let me know what your email and I will send you some pictures of my 36 with tripple 300xs and two years left on warranty and 22 hours on it.Boat is like new many extras.
Must see this one.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

A 33 Powerplay and a 36 Concept are the exact same size...Powerplay never conted the bracket/swim platform. Both are true 33' hulls, narrow beam.
When Powerplay was in business I looked at a 33 OPWerplay center console. They were a very solid built boat with excellent wire rigging. I had a 33/36 Concept and the electrical wire rigging was absolutly outstanding.

The Concept is a lightweight hull so it will run slightly faster than the 33/36 Concept.

Again keep in mind when looking on the used market for Concept's that the 33, 35 and 36 are all the same sized boat. Concept at 1st did not count the swimplatform in LOA then with new Coast Guard rules they had to. Then the boat was called a 35 for a ver yshort while and then Concept added a longer bracket to get the engines in cleaner water and call the boat a 36.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered

The conclusion I am coming to is that they are both well built boats. Concept's lighter and faster but Powerplays probably better in the rough. I like both designs although I prefer the higher sides and deck of the PowerPlay. The concepts are prettier but I think most of that has to do with graphics more so than hull design.

Thanks guys!