looking for best setup on a 36' WITH 2X250's >

looking for best setup on a 36' WITH 2X250's

Notices

looking for best setup on a 36' WITH 2X250's

Old 11-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a lot of reasearch when I ordered my boat in 09 and went with the Tempest Plus 21 pitch 3 blade props and the twin 300 Merc Verados. Boat runs great. I am now looking into the six blade Herings and doing research to see how much speed the boat would gain etc. The Hull defiantly likes to cruise and run at quicker speeds. Very impressed with the boat. If there is a significant difference to go with the Herings I will definatly make the investment. Chaudron what holes do you have your motors in? What speeds are you able to hit with the 23 pitch 3 blade tempest plus props too?

Last edited by CBWaterBoy; 11-30-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Registered

Default 36

I have a hydraulic porta bracket so changing the engine height only takes a flick of a switch. This is a great bracket BUT if you run in big seas the hydraulic rams have to be reinforced. How do i know? I had the bracket fail after 14 hours, porta replaced the broken ram and 14 hours later, the same happened again. I had thicker rams and shafts done at a local engineering shop and it now works perfect. Top speed with twin 300x running 1.75 ratio fleetmasters is 73.4mph. These twin engine vees are so much fun! Maybe not the fastest, but great fun. But there is a lesson to be learnt. They will only run so much and then you reach a point of diminishing returns where you will have to fork out so much money to get an additional mile. So i would say, set it up well and leave it there, and enjoy it.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright, Im going to find a set of 21p laser 3 blade and start there. I blew out a hub in KW on one of my 19's so its a perfect time to start playing
Old 02-25-2011, 11:52 AM
JR.
Registered

Originally Posted by otis311
Alright, Im going to find a set of 21p laser 3 blade and start there. I blew out a hub in KW on one of my 19's so its a perfect time to start playing

Hey Bob,

how are you?

did you talk to concept?

when are you back in the keys?

JR