Self Bailing Cockpit? >

Self Bailing Cockpit?

Notices

Self Bailing Cockpit?

Old 10-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Self Bailing Cockpit?

Has anyone converted there Concept from a standard bilge drain cockpit to self bailing? I cant stand the water going into the bilge and having to be pumped out. Especially with my boat on the lift and no cockpit cover. It catches a ton of rain and runs my battery dead if I don't leave a battery charger hooked up.

I notice that Concept offers self bailing cockpit as an option. I guess I am curious if there is any way to convert once the hull and deck are joined.

John
Old 10-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the key is to see if the scuppers (deck) would be above the waterline or not. Mine is self bailing but the scuppers are only about 2" above the waterline so with ppl in the stern the floor will get wet, I not that big of a deal, I have stoppers that do a good job keeping most of the water out
Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

These boats were never really designed to be center consoles and not self bailing like a true center console should be. The self bailing option for Concepts is not a good design...it helps but water comes in and gets the deck all wet and a mess. Even Luis at a Miami show told me he can do self bailing but doesn't recommend it for his boats.