Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > CPBA
CPBA DISCOUNT at Ocean performance! >

CPBA DISCOUNT at Ocean performance!

Notices

CPBA DISCOUNT at Ocean performance!

Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What's changing is not the times its the people. Over the years I myself have let other employees take command as I tried to raise my family. I started Ocean Performance nearly 30 years ago in a trailer with no facilities or heat. I have always been dedicated to servicing my customers and thats how the business grew. Many of you remember these times. A lot of you guys I knew when you were 8 or 10 years old. I was dealing with your moms and dads and am proud that you all continued on in performance boating. There are no excuses-its my business-I lost touch with the day to day dealings. I apologize to any of you that might have been wronged. I stand before you all to say that I am here for all of you. To help performance boating stay here as the great recreation we all know it to be. The banks and the state and federal government will never help us. They feel we are all noise and water polluters. Running over manatees and coral reefs. We are not perceived to be "green". The only ones that will help the sport grow are ourselves. People have come in my shop and said oh he needs a lot of work you must be happy. NO! not happy. My job is to keep you guys running and hope that no one has massive repair bills. Are you going to tell your friends and family how much fun performance boating is if your boats is constantly in the shop. Of course not. As you can see I don't post often but it doesn't mean I don't closely follow what is happening not only on a local level but nationally and globally for that matter. I can only hope that you take a minute next time your in Old Saybrook to stop in and say hi. For those I never have met it will be great to put a face with a name or screen name. And look forward to getting reacquainted with those who I have lost touch with. Jeff and I will be working together to pass on some great service, parts and storage deals in the coming days. I hope you all take advantage of this collaboration. Lastly I am in it for the long haul-I suck at golf. Thanks, Chris
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I have been doing business down there for about 7 years and they are all great people and have always been more then helpful. Those that have been unhappy because years ago they did not want to work on your boat because it was not a performance boat have to remember 10 hears ago theses guys where all busy and they did what they thought was best for their business and customers. I know with my business you can't be everything to everybody. I say go down and meet the guys down there and see how it goes. OP could be the new club house. By the way I think Mike is great guy too! I will tell you I have had a complete re rig, a boat painted,new interior, new gauges etc. They have been good to me over the years and always there when I need them.

Last edited by 4195; 06-03-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oceanperf
What's changing is not the times its the people. Over the years I myself have let other employees take command as I tried to raise my family. I started Ocean Performance nearly 30 years ago in a trailer with no facilities or heat. I have always been dedicated to servicing my customers and thats how the business grew. Many of you remember these times. A lot of you guys I knew when you were 8 or 10 years old. I was dealing with your moms and dads and am proud that you all continued on in performance boating. There are no excuses-its my business-I lost touch with the day to day dealings. I apologize to any of you that might have been wronged. I stand before you all to say that I am here for all of you. To help performance boating stay here as the great recreation we all know it to be. The banks and the state and federal government will never help us. They feel we are all noise and water polluters. Running over manatees and coral reefs. We are not perceived to be "green". The only ones that will help the sport grow are ourselves. People have come in my shop and said oh he needs a lot of work you must be happy. NO! not happy. My job is to keep you guys running and hope that no one has massive repair bills. Are you going to tell your friends and family how much fun performance boating is if your boats is constantly in the shop. Of course not. As you can see I don't post often but it doesn't mean I don't closely follow what is happening not only on a local level but nationally and globally for that matter. I can only hope that you take a minute next time your in Old Saybrook to stop in and say hi. For those I never have met it will be great to put a face with a name or screen name. And look forward to getting reacquainted with those who I have lost touch with. Jeff and I will be working together to pass on some great service, parts and storage deals in the coming days. I hope you all take advantage of this collaboration. Lastly I am in it for the long haul-I suck at golf. Thanks, Chris
I've got faith...let's do it! Performance boating stands on a precipice, OP and Cestaro have seen it grow and fall...let's collectively pick it up and move it forward....18' Donzi, 50' Maximus, 22 Scarab or 46 Skater...old or new, we should be in Chris' house. The activity, alone, will help sustain the sport.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
I've got faith...let's do it! Performance boating stands on a precipice, OP and Cestaro have seen it grow and fall...let's collectively pick it up and move it forward....18' Donzi, 50' Maximus, 22 Scarab or 46 Skater...old or new, we should be in Chris' house. The activity, alone, will help sustain the sport.
Sometimes I read your posts and wonder just what it is you SMOKE.LOL

Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Sometimes I read your posts and wonder just what it is you SMOKE.LOL

2 cycle oil from outboards makes me loopy.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
2 cycle oil from outboards makes me loopy.
I just thought it was fiberglass resin!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Ocean Performance

Ive know Chris at OP since I was a young kid. I used to go to OP when it was Between the Bridges with my dad as he purchased our first Donzi there, prolly 30 Yrs ago. All I can say is hes has ALWAYS treated my family and boating friends fairly. Just recently he actually drove to Texas to p/u a boat that I purchased.... personally! To me, that says alot about this guy. Also, a great group of guys in the shop in the back that are very helpful too. Great knowing Chris through the years and looking forward to many more years of offshore boating with Chris' help and service.....Kevin
Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Anyone brought anything to OP yet?

I know Frankie goes there al the time but just wondering if any of the non regulars are taking advantage of this offer yet.

BTW chris I suck at golf too!

Maybe we should have a CPBA golf tournament!!!
booze bad golfers and carts what could go wrong?

I also want to get this boating swap meet up and running in the very near future I was thinking of having it at the blue building next to greg fiorellis place. GOtta get in touch with the owners though.

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 06-13-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered

Question

do they work on volvo 290 outdrives and do they rehub mercury props to fit those drives
Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered

I will happily give them my business but I need to know that they care enough about my business to take the time and get in touch with me. Even a PM on this site would work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.