Notices

Switchable Exhaust

Old 05-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 sets of Corsa's with y-pipes, diverters, boots, electrical solenoids and harnesses. I pulled them out of my boat with my old engines (can't use wet exhaust anymore).

Let me know if you're interested, I'm not exactly using them right now, so I'll sell them cheap!
Old 05-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

Corsa
Old 05-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Electric all the way!
Air leaks, unless the air is set up that with no pressure they are fully open, when closed you can tell if they slowly open.

Screw type take way to long to close! Especially anoying when you want it closed NOW for the authorities!

I have electric on my Teague tips and they are adaquate.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat
Electric all the way!
Air leaks, unless the air is set up that with no pressure they are fully open, when closed you can tell if they slowly open.

Screw type take way to long to close! Especially anoying when you want it closed NOW for the authorities!

I have electric on my Teague tips and they are adaquate.
Other than the length of time it takes to close the screw types are there any disadvantages? My boat isn't that loud (small block, wet exhaust), I just want to be a good neighbor around the docks and be able to communicate with skiers in the water.

Right now I'm leaning towards Corsa but haven't quite ruled out IMCO.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
I have 2 sets of Corsa's with y-pipes, diverters, boots, electrical solenoids and harnesses. I pulled them out of my boat with my old engines (can't use wet exhaust anymore).

Let me know if you're interested, I'm not exactly using them right now, so I'll sell them cheap!

Let me know how much you're wanting for them...
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by emilsr
Other than the length of time it takes to close the screw types are there any disadvantages? My boat isn't that loud (small block, wet exhaust), I just want to be a good neighbor around the docks and be able to communicate with skiers in the water.

Right now I'm leaning towards Corsa but haven't quite ruled out IMCO.
I had the Sound Advantage from Imco on mine.
I just disliked the time delay
As well I guess they did leak out of the pivot point. There is a plastic sleeve that the pins are in, others have commented on the leaking as well
If you live in an area that does not allow switchable, then these stick out in the open and are more easile to see. Same as the Corsa.
I just removed the diverters, plugged the holes and then went with switchable tips from Teague.
Kept the y-pipe intack and basically use it as a sound dampening chamber
Old 06-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

I saw this but not really looking to "go cheap". I want something reliable and if it costs more, oh well. Going with an unknown would probably cost more in the long run anyway.

Corsa seems to have much of that market, I'm just not crazy about the solenoids sitting there pulling juice all the time. The Hardin system looks similar to what Mercruiser used to use. The downside there is complexity; the pump and all that plumbing looks to be a problem waiting to happen. That leaves me with the IMCO system which I've never seen but I like the idea of a jackscrew setup where they're only drawing juice when moving.

What to do, what to do.....
I actually heard good things about them so far. A guy over on donzi.net said they are set up like power antenna motors (very reliable screw drive) and a big benefit is that they are not an open / closed system like corsa. They are set up so you can open / close them as little or as much as you want. so, you can go from full loud to kinda loud to quiet.

I'm not a cheap person by any means, but I also hate throwing money at a name brand just because. This particular off brand seems perfectly fine. there really isn't much to any of these systems.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
I actually heard good things about them so far. A guy over on donzi.net said they are set up like power antenna motors (very reliable screw drive) and a big benefit is that they are not an open / closed system like corsa. They are set up so you can open / close them as little or as much as you want. so, you can go from full loud to kinda loud to quiet.

I'm not a cheap person by any means, but I also hate throwing money at a name brand just because. This particular off brand seems perfectly fine. there really isn't much to any of these systems.
Looks like $480 plus another $89 shipping. Similar in design to the IMCO setup if I'm reading it correctly. Odd that they have 2 switches don't you think?

You're right; there isn't much to these things. If I could find a manual version with a push/pull cable (like an old manual choke) I'd be all over that. The less to break the better!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks like $480 plus another $89 shipping. Similar in design to the IMCO setup if I'm reading it correctly. Odd that they have 2 switches don't you think?

You're right; there isn't much to these things. If I could find a manual version with a push/pull cable (like an old manual choke) I'd be all over that. The less to break the better!
The 2 switches are a bit odd now that you bring it up, but I guess it makes the system even more simple to keep the wiring of each one totally separate. I guess it also makes it easy to synch them back up if they ever get out of synch somehow.

I understand from other people that they can be bought for much less if make them an offer. I think you can get them to knock $100 off the price.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind are these?
Attached Thumbnails Switchable Exhaust-muffler.jpg  

Quick Reply: Switchable Exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.