Hatch accuator accelerator help??

Notices

Hatch accuator accelerator help??

Old 07-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BUGSY
Hope You Guys Can Help,
How Do You Install The Top Electric Hatch Bracket To The Hatch Itself If It's Only 1/2 Inch Thick And Vinyl Sun Pad Can't Be Removed, So You Can Thru Bolt The Bracket, I Guess I'm Asking Are 1/4 Inch Length Wood Screws Enough ? I Wouldn't Think So
I had a piece of aluminum made that was 1/4" x 1' x 2', attached the bracket to that on a recessed through bolt, then put 12 screws 5/8" long to hold the plate to the bottom of the hatch.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: HILLSBOROUGH, NJ OCEAN BEACH, NJ & LIDO KEY FLORIDA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hatch screws

thanks, i'll give it a try
Old 07-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update, I installed the hatch actuator accelerator this morning, and all I can say is wow! Huge difference and I don't even have to help it up any more.. I think it may even toss a chick off the sun deck!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hate to hi jack your thread but I have a similar problem. I have dual rams on my hatch and they are wired to a relay box from rex marine. Rem marine no longer makes the box with the inclosed relays. I am wondering if there is a way just to eliminate the box and wire them at that point instead of new wires to the switch. Any ideas?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

GSMITH. Yes you should be able to eliminate the box.

The reason that this works is because there is less voltage drop over the shorter wiring distance. They may on the CP unit be upping the voltage as well.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered

I have two wires coming from the dash switch. One coming from the battery. And 4 wires going to the two actuators. How would you wire it?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,131 Likes on 568 Posts

Man my little wiring diagram is sure getting some use this year! Maybe i should start making these setups....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

gsmith....first thing i would do is test the wires coming off the dash and see what they are sending back to the rams...once you figure out how it was setup you can easily wireup the relays...as for 4 wires going to the rams....i assume you mean you have a total of 4.....two wires for each ram....i would use two sets of relays just so you dont overload one pair....that way each ram has its own relay setup....or you just split the two output wires from the relays and route them to the rams..... if you need a diagram just let me know and i'll modify one for ya so you can see it...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

you know what would also be nice, is a built in auto-resetting circut breaker on each relay.....it would act as sort of a limit switch....when the ram reaches full open or close the amp draw would momentarily spike and the breaker would open....then reset in a few seconds and be ready for the next go-round....hmmmm

Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

The box that they are wired to now has two sides(one for each actuator). Since one side is not working, can you hook the other ram into the other side? Both together for time being, otr will this overload the single relay?

Quick Reply: Hatch accuator accelerator help??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.