Notices

Adding fuel injection.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding fuel injection.

Got a twin with carbs and wanting to convert to fuel injection. Anyone done this before. Any recommendation for kits sold out there. I've seen one Holley has. I would prefer to go back to a stock setup like a mercruiser fuel injection.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered

Get a holley intake set up for injectors. Then go with a fast system. A number of oso's are using them & will help you with the programing.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In the Empress (509) we used the Holley (Cutler) system and it works very well. The program itself mode made it very simple and overall, at cruise, we doubled our mileage.

On the Scorpion (540's) we converted to the Haltech F9A's. It is a little tougher to program, but Tom Earhart, on the board, knows it very well. The nice thing about it, and the reason we chose it, adding blowers etc. can easily be reprogrammed with the bigger injectors vs the Holley system. The way every cylinder can be programmed, we matched them on the dyno with EGT's in every header tube, is incredible. Then plug in the laptop on the water and fine tune the overall at every speed you want too. We also more than doubled our mileage vs the 1050's at cruise and no loading at extended no wake idle speed.

Those are the only two systems I am familiar with. I believe the Kinsler system is also very good.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered

I put a Cutler on a small block boat I owned several years back. Same deal, let it self tune and ran like a top. Doubled my fuel mileage as well. Throttle response was great and easy starting.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2 almost complete sets including manifolds,plenums,(including all of the bolts) computers,throttle bodies off of 454 mags. I converted over to the 525 injection systems. I am looking to sell everything. All the injectors are still sealed in bags after they were cleaned and flow tested with new orings and filters.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

blownboat e-mail me [email protected] and let me know how much you want and some pictures.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by nascar_crazy
blownboat e-mail me [email protected] and let me know how much you want and some pictures.

Unless you have the same engine, you can't just bolt this on and expect it to work properly. The OEM systems are non-programmable, although a few models can be programmed with hard to find software.

Michael
Old 08-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
Unless you have the same engine, you can't just bolt this on and expect it to work properly. The OEM systems are non-programmable, although a few models can be programmed with hard to find software.

Michael
I understand that. I am not going to change the tune, only looking for more reliable and better fuel economy.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

blown boat what year motors are they off of,and lets see some pics anda price
Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I did not get time to unrap everything and snap photos. Here is some pics when they were on the motors and just prior to removal. The valve covers are for sale also. We made the intake tubes and I might sell those too.
Attached Thumbnails Adding fuel injection.-imject1.jpg   Adding fuel injection.-inject-2.jpg   Adding fuel injection.-dscf0046small%5B1%5D.jpg  

Quick Reply: Adding fuel injection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.