Budget Boat Build 233 Eclipse >

Budget Boat Build 233 Eclipse

Notices

Budget Boat Build 233 Eclipse

Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doggiedave
Cool budget build. I don't think the heads you chose are a bad choice. they have d-port exh should be about 170cc on intake side a good basic pocket port on the bowls and gasket match and the right cam should make good power with loads of bottom torque. would recomend a good dual plane like the performer air-gap rpm and a 750 double pumper. should make power to 5000+ and the torque to get you on a plane quick with the right prop. jmo
Thanks Dave, I like the Performer manifold but again budget is making me use stuff I already have. I have a RPM manifold so thats what it will get. It will get a 750 cfm but I haven't found the right deal yet. Needs to be square bore with the RPM. I agree the heads are decent but because of the small chamber I had to use pistons I might not have otherwise. I would have liked to use flat top pistons but my compression ratio would have been out of control for dock gas.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sunshadow
Thanks Dave, I like the Performer manifold but again budget is making me use stuff I already have. I have a RPM manifold so thats what it will get. It will get a 750 cfm but I haven't found the right deal yet. Needs to be square bore with the RPM. I agree the heads are decent but because of the small chamber I had to use pistons I might not have otherwise. I would have liked to use flat top pistons but my compression ratio would have been out of control for dock gas.
Budgets can definetely keep money invested down to a minium, I've put the majority of mine into rebuilding the boat so I'll have to save the engine for later down the road. Right now with the original Merc 350 I'm still hitting 50mph. What kind of speed and H.P you looking at when done?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WellcraftNick233
Budgets can definetely keep money invested down to a minium, I've put the majority of mine into rebuilding the boat so I'll have to save the engine for later down the road. Right now with the original Merc 350 I'm still hitting 50mph. What kind of speed and H.P you looking at when done?
What did you do to it to get it up to 50? My friend can't get his over 45 to save his life...
Old 02-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
What did you do to it to get it up to 50? My friend can't get his over 45 to save his life...
What pitch prop is he running?? any trim tabs??
Old 02-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

I'm planning on a 23 pitch and crossing my fingers for 65 mph. I've got a buddy with the same boat with a stock 260 hp and his will run 50 as well. I think he's turning a 21 pitch three blade stainless.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What pitch prop is he running?? any trim tabs??
No trim tabs, either a 17 or 19 pitch prop... I can't remember which. I know he tried to go two sizes bigger, but the motor wouldn't spin it. He is maxed out at prop, but he is spinning an alum.

I should qualify my statement and say that he is running 45 on Gps, and his spedo is reading 50ish...
Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
No trim tabs, either a 17 or 19 pitch prop... I can't remember which. I know he tried to go two sizes bigger, but the motor wouldn't spin it. He is maxed out at prop, but he is spinning an alum.

I should qualify my statement and say that he is running 45 on Gps, and his spedo is reading 50ish...

I have a gps and used it to check my speed. my speedo currently doesn't work and I haven't taken the time to unblock the pickup tube....I'm running a 21p mercury mirage ss prop with trim tabs. I also have a merc ss 23p its good for top end but not the holeshot. The 21p has good torque and speed with my 350merc.....

Its all in the trim.......
Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered

The RPM manifold should work fine, I ran that manifold on one of my engines with a 1" open spacer for a little more upper end power. I went from there to a Victor Jr. which was not nearly as sociable around the docks. the RPM will have a great vacuum signal
Old 02-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered

I'm curious to know, have you checked your stringers yet? When I got into mine I thought I was only going to have work on the engine area but soon after I had half the damn deck open...
Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny how many people are playing with these bots now, they are good boats, but Wellcraft didnt seal things up too well, got rid of mine 5 years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.