Notices

572 DFI Procharger Build

Old 07-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went thru some old threads, Dustin (whipple) said to go for 12.0 at wot. On a motor with alum. heads he was recommending 34 degrees of timing (this was for a 8 lb boost motor) He also said on his 3.3 blower the odd side was .5 leaner then the even. With my O2 being on the even side is the reason I wanted to go with 11.5 so I might be 12.0 on the odd side.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Registered

I use the FAST digital AFR meter with two sensors. I've noticed the odd bank of my motor runs hottter, too.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered

Good informantion, the head should be off today I hope that its just a failed gasket and nothing else. My O2 is on the even side and the odd side blew... I talked to Procharger and they also said a consertive 11.5-11.8 AF Ratio @ wot and 28 deg advance. It really depends on the cam, heads and MAT. I will let you know when I know about the motor. On the dyno we made best HP with 12.7 and took it too 12.3 for safety which lost us about 40hp. @ 6500
Old 07-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

What are your MATs?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
What are your MATs?
Let me fire up my data log.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
What are your MATs?
I didnt log MAT. I will check my other logs at home. i might have one I logged MAT.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Jack - what about yours?

Eddie or Dustin -

What is a good rule of thumb for MAT vs ambient air?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been lurking here since last December. Impressive documentation and detail.

Im heartbroken at the moment but Im sure youll get a handle on whats going on.

This is a super cool project for sure, but what a project.

When its all said and done I wonder if youd have been better off just buying a proven off the shelf package rather than suffer the run around and guesswork the procharger guys put you through - belts, mounts, tuning - what a chore.

Im always modding everything so I completely get it, but it seems that 100 +MPH would have been a lot easier with a second much lower power engine and base XR drive.

Good luck and dont get discouraged.

Thanks for all the time youve put into making sure we can "live it" with you.

Uncle Dave
Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Been lurking here since last December. Impressive documentation and detail.

Im heartbroken at the moment but Im sure youll get a handle on whats going on.

This is a super cool project for sure, but what a project.

When its all said and done I wonder if youd have been better off just buying a proven off the shelf package rather than suffer the run around and guesswork the procharger guys put you through - belts, mounts, tuning - what a chore.

Im always modding everything so I completely get it, but it seems that 100 +MPH would have been a lot easier with a second much lower power engine and base XR drive.

Good luck and dont get discouraged.

Thanks for all the time youve put into making sure we can "live it" with you.

Uncle Dave

Thanks, Believe me I have thought especially lately a Whipple 5L EFI would have been the ticket and in the beginning I looked into them. I just have a desire to be different, and most of the enjoyment is when its all done and I tell people looking at it all about how it came together and internal workings. I really love the challenge. For the money I have into it I could have bought a complete turn key motor. Would I recommend this to someone else, No Way. would I do it for a customer, No.
Knowing I will end up with a cat and use the motor in it, It will be a single or if a twin the second one will be much easier to build. That's a story for next winter a twin Spectre or Skater. I built my boat house to handle a 36', 12' wide 10,000#. I bet it would hit 150+ mph..
Well anyway I will keep this thread going until I get it dialed the good and the bad. I had a taste of the good just before the issue, so I have renewed hope.
Thanks to everyone for the support and great information. I am very glad I started this topic, lots of great information. Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 04:25 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

+*+

Last edited by GPM; 07-28-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.