Notices

572 DFI Procharger Build

Old 07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Last edited by GPM; 07-23-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Don, what brand gasket were you using, where did it let go?
I did a cylinder leakdown. To find out what was wrong when it was running poorly. The motor is out I should know if that is all or if there is more damage tomorrow. Comitic gasket.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Registered

When you were tuning the efi did you run it up to 20 lbs of boost? I know if I were to take mine higher then what I have verifyed my O2 might be adding a lot of fuel for increased boost since I would be in new territory on the map.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
Jack - what about yours?

Eddie or Dustin -

What is a good rule of thumb for MAT vs ambient air?
When I was running the prochager 500+ intercooler on a wot run air temp would go to about 145, Since I have changed to the rtech intercooler air temp went down to about 125-130. I do not have a scoop on boat and engine compartment does not get a lot of fresh air.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Registered

Spent 2+ hrs with laptop making adjustments to fast efi. I now have it where it idles in neutral at about 20-25 degrees, when in gear it goes to 35 degrees. Coming out of gear it now jumps to 1300 rpm but comes down a lot quicker. I have it when it goes out of gear the timing goes down to 15 degrees for a second before going back to 20-25 degrees.

The iac is around 3 out of gear and 130 when in gear.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Spent 2+ hrs with laptop making adjustments to fast efi. I now have it where it idles in neutral at about 20-25 degrees, when in gear it goes to 35 degrees. Coming out of gear it now jumps to 1300 rpm but comes down a lot quicker. I have it when it goes out of gear the timing goes down to 15 degrees for a second before going back to 20-25 degrees.

Mine is @ 6 deg out of gear, you can set your out of gear timing lower and open the throttle plates more to accomplish this. The timing reacts faster than the iac motor. once the timing @ idle in neutral is lower the timing will even make a larger difference and going into gear idle will be a lot better, you will get very little flash rpm going back into neutral. You will note on the base advance table idle in neutral will be in one or two boxes set them to 4 once the idle speed is set, then when you put it onto gear put the box's it goes into to 16. give that a try also have the idle config Idle attack rate box with a number 1 in it for most aggressive iac control. Let me know if this helps. the iac in gear should lower a lot from where you are after doing this.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Registered

When you were tuning the efi did you run it up to 20 lbs of boost? I know if I were to take mine higher then what I have verifyed my O2 might be adding a lot of fuel for increased boost since I would be in new territory on the map.
I only use the O2 for data logging and setup, it does not control fuel delivery we run in open loop. The AF ratio was 12.2 which is where we wanted to be. I may richen that up some maybe to 12 for a little better safety margin after this. I only have a 2 bar sensor so 15psi is all I can read on the laptop. I didn't plan on running more than 15 psi and feel the 2 bar map is more accurate than a 3 bar. They both read 0-5v dividing it by 45 is a lot to ask -15 to +30, dont feel it is really that accurate. A 2 bar you are dividing by 30, -15 to plus 15. And only having 16 boxes of map with the Accel dfi you get finer adjustments with the 2 bar. Just my opinion.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DonRoc
I only use the O2 for data logging and setup, it does not control fuel delivery we run in open loop. The AF ratio was 12.2 which is where we wanted to be. I may richen that up some maybe to 12 for a little better safety margin after this. I only have a 2 bar sensor so 15psi is all I can read on the laptop. I didn't plan on running more than 15 psi and feel the 2 bar map is more accurate than a 3 bar. They both read 0-5v dividing it by 45 is a lot to ask -15 to +30, dont feel it is really that accurate. A 2 bar you are dividing by 30, -15 to plus 15. And only having 16 boxes of map with the Accel dfi you get finer adjustments with the 2 bar. Just my opinion.
Did you run a log on the 20 lb pass?

I am no expert on this. I agree using a 2 bar map but I think that when you go over 15 lbs of boost, the ecm is only going to think that the motor is running 15 lbs of boost. Thus only giving enrichnment up to 15 lbs of boost. When running 20 lbs the MAT is going to be warmer & I think the ecm leans out due to to the thinner air. So between the two you were running way lean on that run. Of course if you ran log and 12.2 was a/f at the end my reasoning is wrong.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:43 AM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Just curious where your engine idles with the IAC unplugged
Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GPM
Just curious where your engine idles with the IAC unplugged
out of gear 4. I was wrong on in gear. It is now 80, was 130

Going down to boat and play with it some more. By the time I get done everyone in marina will be tired of listening to my noisy boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.