Notices

572 DFI Procharger Build

Old 05-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i threw in the pic of the intercooler if you look I am holding the inlet in place we had to modify it to line up and get it welded back in place. Also take a look at the fuel inlet...... The custom one is just a little larger, lol went from 3/8 to 3/4. No use in -12 (3/4") fuel connections to the pump (aeromotive eliminator good for 1500hp) with a 3/8 pick up...
I did go with the T&D rocker shaft setup. The valve covers in the pic are just for painting. Thats about it for now, lots of custom work with the procharger brackets and inlet but no big deal. Procharger did make me a custom impeller. I am running a complere seperate coolant system for the intercooler. like the whipple system a pressure feed pickup off the transom, a seawater straner, direct to the intercooler and out the side of the boat. We want it to be really cold.... the plan is to have it set up on the dyno and in the boat this or next week. I will update as it goes.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 AM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Very nice !
Old 05-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Great thread, wish I saw this earlier in the year!!

Good stuff and best of luck with the project.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

Thanks,
Accel is holding us up now, they do not have harnesses available and have to build them we have had one on order for way too long... just crossing my fingers and hoping to get one any day.
Also going to run my SC extreme upper and lower -3 drive for testing but plan on ordering the SCX upper tomorrow. I have to decide to use my lower SC a -3 and see if Brett @ BBlades can make a prop work or get a -2. IMCO lower , IMCO said at the speeds I will be running expect 5mph loss with the SCX lower. so do I lose 5mph and order the SCX lower or change lower gears in my SC every 50 hours or so??? 5mph @ 115+ is a lot. I am waiting for a return call from Brett. I will keep you informed
Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
GPM
Registered

[QUOTE=DonRoc;3102142]Thanks,
Accel is holding us up now, they do not have harnesses available and have to build them we have had one on order for way too long... just crossing my fingers and hoping to get one any day.
That's why we went to Fast, good luck trying to reach a tech.

Last edited by GPM; 05-05-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=GPM;3102731]
Originally Posted by DonRoc
Thanks,
That's why we went to Fast, good luck trying to reach a tech.
Reaching sales is no issue, but yeah the tech's are another story. Its a great system and once I get the parts I am not worried about tech, I just want my stuff....... Frustrating to say the least.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
GPM
Registered

I had better luck tuning their Gen6, bought the 7, never could get it right. Wasted 2 boating seasons and hundreds of phone calls. I hope you have better luck than me.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Registered

Once I get the stuff I will set it up on the dyno before it gets to the boat. that will save a ton of trial and error. I did it the other way in a car and what a nightmare..
I will keep you posted....
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered

The intercooler intake turned out perfict, most of the Accel parts came in.
Just need to get the oil system plumbed, the throttle body on and hat installed and plumbed to the intercooler. I will keep you informed.
Also the SCX upper is on its way, I am going to mate it with my -3 lower Brett@ BBLades is making me a prop. I cant see loosing 5mph with the SCX lower. How much would it cost to get 5mph @ 115 or so?? or should I say $$$$$$...maybe I wil get a scx lower and if I need it slap on the SC, that would keep the hours of the SC, and I could beat the SCX all I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails 572 DFI Procharger Build-ghmarine001.jpg   572 DFI Procharger Build-ghmarine003.jpg   572 DFI Procharger Build-ghmarine005.jpg  

572 DFI Procharger Build-ghmarine006.jpg   572 DFI Procharger Build-ghmarine008.jpg  
Old 05-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

The elbows and hat attachments for the procharger are out gettting welded, along with the valve cover breathers.
The new fuel pump and system. The other pic is a seperate water pickup and strainer for the intercooler alone.
Is that a big oil cooler or what.... It will be in paint soon.
O yeah.. That last pic.. just came in today along with a custom test prop from my buddy Brett @ BBlades...
i will take another pic when the lower and prop are on it...
I am dreaming of big dyno numbers...

What do you say, give me some guesses... how much HP how much TQ and how fast will it run when done...
I plan on twisting it to 6400.
Attached Thumbnails 572 DFI Procharger Build-image_180.jpg   572 DFI Procharger Build-image_183.jpg   572 DFI Procharger Build-ghmarine003.jpg  

572 DFI Procharger Build-image_212.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.