350 to 383 Stroker

Old 01-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 to 383 Stroker

Has anyone seen or delt with U.S. ENGINES.COM

http://www.usengine.us/marine.html?g...FWpd5Qodem3NRg

They have a 383 stroker reman for $2,995 making 410HP

I have a 350, 280HP now and I would like to do a swap out.

Also, since I have a throttle body type injection with 2 main injectors on top of the butterflys, does anything need to be recalibrated???

Thanks, Ed
Old 01-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by highvelocity
Has anyone seen or delt with U.S. ENGINES.COM

http://www.usengine.us/marine.html?g...FWpd5Qodem3NRg

They have a 383 stroker reman for $2,995 making 410HP

I have a 350, 280HP now and I would like to do a swap out.

Also, since I have a throttle body type injection with 2 main injectors on top of the butterflys, does anything need to be recalibrated???

Thanks, Ed
383's are a great engine upgrade. I did this with my car back in high school and never had any regrets. I didn't check out your site however I would consider going to carb. I had a 750 DP on mine and it loved it. Back then I used the closed chamber double hump heads, torker 2 intake, and comp 292 magnum cam. it was about 10/1 comp. with flat top pistons. Made a huge difference than the 350. Pulled hard up to 6000. If the engine doesn't come with intake and carb you can always find them easily and reasonable on the swap shop.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

I checked out the site but didn't see anywhere what they use for cranks and rods. You should check out 383 on google and see what all is out there. Not sure what you have available for a speed/machine shop however you may consider just doing your own. There are many kits available from numerous companies. One that comes to mind is adperformance.com. I would certainly go with a steel crank and upgraded rod bolts, and forged pistons. The nice thing about doing your own is you know exactly what you have for internals.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

If you look at that site, they provide you with a 7 year or 500 hour warranty. How they would know the engine hours I have no idea.

But ideally I would like to just put my intake and throttle body injection unit on their 383 short block and run the thing.

Not try to go super high performance, just looking for the extra 100 pounds of torque the 383 offers over the 350.

Somehow I get the feeling it may not be that easy.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by highvelocity
If you look at that site, they provide you with a 7 year or 500 hour warranty. How they would know the engine hours I have no idea.

But ideally I would like to just put my intake and throttle body injection unit on their 383 short block and run the thing.

Not try to go super high performance, just looking for the extra 100 pounds of torque the 383 offers over the 350.

Somehow I get the feeling it may not be that easy.
It should be just about that easy. The stroker is going to want a little more timing. you need to know what cam they're using and make sure its ok with a wet exhaust. you also need to know the compression ratio to make sure you're ok with crappy dock gas. you might need to bump up to a larger injector for a little more fuel or just bump the fuel pressure a little. Is it internally ballanced? if not your flywheel and damper won't work. OK there's a bit to consider but lots of people on here have 383's in their boats. I'm doing my first one now.