Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
How often to change the sea pump? >

How often to change the sea pump?

Notices

How often to change the sea pump?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 4,727 Likes on 1,353 Posts

I ordered up the whole kit from CP performance.. best price around.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
I cant IMAGINE why you guys are against the new Health Care reform? As a "proud" Canadian, I can safely say its just amazing! Our "free" Healthcare only costs the taxpayer [ie: ME!] about $1,000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 a month [give or take a few billion] nearly 1 person out of 10 actually has a family Doctor and the average time spent in a clinic waiting room is "down" to about 3-4 hours, Whats NOT to like?

Trust me, its sucks, and your gonna hate it, hopefully you dont get shafted into paying the wonderful Health Care "premium", which after big business complained, "magically" became a Health care "Tax" [businesses weren't required to pay the "tax", but, would have to pay the "premium" under the collective agreements of most contracts]

No wonder most of our politians fly to the US to have medical procedures performed. The idea of being a hard working American [or Canadian] and knowing your Health care dollars are being used to medicate millions of people in the country illegally and/or have never worked a day in there life makes it much easier to sleep at nite too.

Its a sad day for my friends in the South.
Michael
Somebody buy this guy a drink!!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I ordered up the whole kit from CP performance.. best price around.
CP did you see my post and raise the price??
man I`ll have to keep my mouth shut next time.. the price went from $93 to $129.99 now

Question, this kit only comes with one wear plate even thou there are two plates originally. Do i just reuse the one then
Old 05-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

CP did you see my post and raise the price??
man I`ll have to keep my mouth shut next time.. the price went from $93 to $129.99 now

Question, this kit only comes with one wear plate even thou there are two plates originally. Do i just reuse the one then
the new style kit only uses 1 wear plate and none of those silly thin gaskets .its a way nicer kit and much easier to install . make sure you put the hoses on correctly . remember the dir of rotation is from the flywheel side . the markings are on the back of the new style pump housings .
Old 05-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

The new style has no provisions for water pressure sender and my lines come out at a 90 degree the new style ,which I have, they come out straight.
new style seems real cheap, I ordered up the 3 piece original replacement pump, but it seems now I need wear plate # 94916.
Why noone includes it in the repair kit is beyond me, its supposed to be finally nice on Sunday i wanted to go out.. we only get so many weekend here .
I bet nobody locally will have it, these Marinas in the Chicagoland area stock nothing.

****!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a ride in that Fountain?, and I buy the drinks! LOL
Old 05-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

The new style has no provisions for water pressure sender and my lines come out at a 90 degree the new style ,which I have, they come out straight.
new style seems real cheap, I ordered up the 3 piece original replacement pump, but it seems now I need wear plate # 94916.
Why noone includes it in the repair kit is beyond me, its supposed to be finally nice on Sunday i wanted to go out.. we only get so many weekend here .
I bet nobody locally will have it, these Marinas in the Chicagoland area stock nothing.

****!
You can try Berwyn marine, or basa marine in bolingbrook. They may have the plate you need. Im not positive, but isnt it possible to flip the plate around and use the good unworn side against the impeller and worn side against the housing? Given its not too wore out?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered

Angry

Yup, I flipped it around and just spent the last 2.5 hours getting the ****in pump back together!!!.. omg I must have invented new swear words.

I mean Holy $hit I thought doing LT1 spark plugs was bad..
Doing everything the first time is a *****, I ended up taking the whole pump out. Those stupid hair thin gaskets mY God..I can`t fit in the engine bay at all, 2 months after knee surgery, kneeling is painful ..etc etc.. what a major PITA
To top it off im not 100% sure which hose goes to which end of the pump now.. I think the one from the oil cooler goes on top ?? is that right?

I need a few beers right now....

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 05-19-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup, I flipped it around and just spent the last 2.5 hours getting the ****in pump back together!!!.. omg I must have invented new swear words.

I mean Holy $hit I thought doing LT1 spark plugs was bad..
Doing everything the first time is a *****, I ended up taking the whole pump out. Those stupid hair thin gaskets mY God..I can`t fit in the engine bay at all, 2 months after knee surgery, kneeling is painful ..etc etc.. what a major PITA
To top it off im not 100% sure which hose goes to which end of the pump now.. I think the one from the oil cooler goes on top ?? is that right?

I need a few beers right now....
Always seems like the items you need to maintain the most frequently are the ones that are the hardest ones to service. Doing mine with the engines sitting in the garage was a pain in the a$$, I am not sure I could even pull it off in the boat. Been thinking maybe it's time to find a different pump that would be easier to service? Maybe an electric??
Old 05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fastek
the new style kit only uses 1 wear plate and none of those silly thin gaskets .its a way nicer kit and much easier to install . make sure you put the hoses on correctly . remember the dir of rotation is from the flywheel side . the markings are on the back of the new style pump housings .

Maiden voyage tomorrow! You in the water yet? Thinking of going out Saturday too, Maybe I will swing by

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.