in the market for a supercharger >

in the market for a supercharger

Notices

in the market for a supercharger

Old 03-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in the market for a supercharger

we are currently looking around and researching potential supercharging kits for a 502 mag carb motor. we were advised by someone to go with a blower shop brand kit, so we figured we would ask around the people who have superchrged setups on their boats. would love to hear about what you have and if your happy with it. thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilguber06
we are currently looking around and researching potential supercharging kits for a 502 mag carb motor. we were advised by someone to go with a blower shop brand kit, so we figured we would ask around the people who have superchrged setups on their boats. would love to hear about what you have and if your happy with it. thanks
It was me who you talked to.. Here if ya need me.. I actually recommended the Blower shop unit & or the Whipple unit for the carb application. The blower shop unit would good if you need to be a little lighter on your wallet, but both are good brands..

Jamie / Lakeside
Old 03-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey jamie. my dad had talked to you the other day and our major issue now is that we need to keep the carb as low as possible. we were wondering if any difference between brands on height that the supercharger would sit above the motor. were doing our best to no have to put a scoop on the engine box but it is what it is. is there any way you could give us an estimate from oil pan to carb? just a rough estimate so we have an idea of what were working with. also if you could give me some price optons for a few different options to my email that would be greatly appriciated. we would like a package including the intercooler also. my email is [email protected] thank you. it is a 93 block
Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They same or similar blower profile sizes will usually be around the same size. However they outer dimensions will still wary a bit from brand to brand..

Do you know how much hatch clearance you have available ?

The smallest profile blowers will usually add at least about 6-8" without an intercooler on most carbed applications.. It is not uncommon to need a scoop on carbed applications. The injected units usually take up less space..

Jamie / Lakeside