Point me in the right direction? >

Point me in the right direction?

Notices

Point me in the right direction?

Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Point me in the right direction?

I just purchased a 87 Formula 311 with twin 420hp 454s and a TRS drivetrain..although she has good bones she needs a lil TLC! Most of the work is bringing back the color with scrubbing and elbow grease (for now..I see some customizing in her future to make her mine) I am however having difficulty finding the parts I need in order to start my restoration of this beauty! I need things as simple as a new cockpit cover (which I assume Ill have made) entry door to the cabin..snap in carpet..advice on restoring bolster seats with rips or finding replacements as well as where to locate TRS lower units since mine are in only fair shape! Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

all cloth-vinyl is custom made. we don't know where you are. give your location and people will be able to recommend shops (or recommend to stay away from certain shops). look in swap shop here for TRS stuff. there are still some new lower cases floating around. entry door to cabin you will probably hafta have fabbed. a small bi-fold from Lowes might do for the time being. any boat poor enough to part out will probably have a pretty beat door. but maybe...
Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Where are you located?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I finally updated my profile to include my location..I am between Cleveland OH and the Islands (PIB and Kellys) on Lake Erie! So far on this site I have found that I can either get replacement skins for my bolster seats along with all new vinyl for the interior if I so choose from McLeod designs which was the original manufacturer of the interior and they can get what you need by the hull number which is nice (may customize..still pondering) as far as the cabin door I assumed it should have been a smoked black door as is the dash but have seen in other pictures of the same model and year that the door is clear (hoping to resolve that with some tint) I do however need the smoked hatch to the cabin entry since mine is cracked. As far as carpet and canvas I have realized and been told (thanks dereknkathy) that they will need to be custom made. I will restore this boat its just going to take some time and patience (both of which I dont have excess of) and I appreciate any and all advice and help I get here! I am unfortunately out of the country for 4 more weeks so for now I am using my time away to gather info and parts to have waiting when I return...my plans are to service engines and outdrives and take her out for a shakedown to make sure I dont have any mechanical issues before I start putting money into making her shine..nothing worse than a beautiful boat being towed in or sitting at the dock! Would anyone happen to have or know where to get an owners/service manual for my engines and outdrives and maybe something with wiring schematics for the boat?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Carpet

Check here for snap in carpet.

http://www.snapincarpet.com/
Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep us up to date with all your discoveries
Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the link Fastech..already have an inquiry in to see if they have my template..Ill keep you posted on my finding..please do the same for me..
Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

I live in the same general area as you...i had a cockpit cover made for my boat by the amish out of sunbrella material for i think 380 bucks...let me know if you want information
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Absolutely rkroupa..how is the fit and finish and do they come to the boat or do you have to take it to them?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Registered

I believe they can do either...i think they were in the spencer area... i live in lagrange (if you know where that is) and they were about 20 minutes south of me

I was very happy with the quality of it and price included two new poles and they put in access zippers on each side of the cover (by request so make sure you ask if you want them)

Name is Miller's Custom Canvas and they can handle all of your upholstery needs too as well...should even be able to handle your snap in carpet

They did interior on my buddies boss' 310 dancer and did a great job that is how I came across them

The guys name is Sam and his number is 419-651-8106...be sure to leave a voicemail and call a few times as they are amish and can be a little hard to get a hold of

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.