mufflers & tips -- latest opinions?? >

mufflers & tips -- latest opinions??

Notices

mufflers & tips -- latest opinions??

Old 06-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
At certain RPMs they seemed to make a rattling sound. I kept thinking I had a valve issue or something. Those Teague's look cool too. As long as you can replace it from the outside of the boat. They all seem to go bad eventually.
Yes the Teague internal system is serviced from the outside and rebuild kits are cheap. I would think the flapper would be more effective if it were weighted. I have seen some ss internal flappers with rubber on the edges to keep them quiet but I can't recall who makes them
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Registered

Not too many opinions on this.

Posted in the wrong area? Or not too many boats with tips or mufflers?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Registered

just because i like to follow up on my threads.......after talking with Bob Teague (what a great guy) i decided to have them make me a set of straight tips with their internal flappers. the tips are 4.5" OD x 6" long and reduce down to 4" thru the hull to match my CMI tails and will have 3 studs welded to the trim ring. should be a direct fit so i won't have to molest my transom. Adrian helped me with the details to make sure everything fits perfectly. A great group of guys to deal with over at Teague! so as long as the fabricator pulls through my boat will be barkin soon! the original owner said it was 107 decibels before he installed the mufflers which brought it down to 85.

Last edited by SippyRat; 07-10-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Registered

Corsa gives a lifetime warranty on the tips & internal flappers as long as they didn't dmg'd from overheating & they do honor the warranty. I had eddie marine tips & all 4 were coming apart with less the 300 hrs on the boat. Talked to Jeff at Corsa & he gave me a great deal. $200 for 4 tips with internal flappers, 4" angle cut. The flappers are much better quality then eddie's