Notices

emi thunder exhaust

Old 02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emi thunder exhaust

I am adding emi thunder exhaust to my 232 baja and it looks as though the corsa switchable exhaust is coming up short where it hooks up to the y pipe the manifodds are taller than the stock ones .is there a longer boot i can get or can i just use some standard marine exhaust hose cut to length work
Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by 232
I am adding emi thunder exhaust to my 232 baja and it looks as though the corsa switchable exhaust is coming up short where it hooks up to the y pipe the manifodds are taller than the stock ones .is there a longer boot i can get or can i just use some standard marine exhaust hose cut to length work
Sierra makes longer ones,,you will have to call them for the part number..i brlieve they are trs exhaust bellows but dont quoat me on it..eddie use to carry them but are out of them the last time i asked about them.. 3 1/2 '' exhaust hose is too small and 4'' is too big for the ypipe..
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I had the same thing happen to me last winter when I upgraded exhaust.
I called Corsa to see if the had any longer hose couplings but the said no, emi said the same thing. Like mrfixxall said for the y pipe 4" is too big and 3.5" is to small.
What I did was....purchased some 3.5" marine hose and used a heat gun to shoften it up some. I actually slipped the hose over the trailer hitch ball on my truck while applying heat and downward pressure to stretch it out. Make sure you have the right measurements to start with because you don't have much time once you take the heat off before the hose wants to go back to its original shape. I also used silicone spray to lube up the y pipe and the oval part of the exhaust diverter before the hose went on. Once complete I used double hose clamps top and bottom. It might take a little while but be patient it will go!
The 4" hose will work for the connection from the riser to the Corsa and from the Corsa to the exhaust tips.
Good luck,
Derek.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had the same problem with my Baja, I found some radiator hose for a caterpillar was the right size & of good enough quality to use for this purpose. Randy
Old 02-28-2013, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

How much too short?? 1/2 inch or 3 inches?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Gold Member

4" hose is the ticket.cut it the size you need.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Registered

Ok exhaust is done i found some 3-3/4 inch series 200 soft wall exhaust hose on line this was the ticket fit perfect. Cut 7 inches a side on the chop saw for a nice clean cut turned out great. Thanks for the responses