trans dapt 1022 oil filter bypass >

trans dapt 1022 oil filter bypass

Notices

trans dapt 1022 oil filter bypass

Old 07-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default trans dapt 1022 oil filter bypass

This thing says its not for marine use. I have one and I cant figure out why its not for marine use. I called and asked and they couldn't tell me why.. my boat is fresh water, I figured maybe corrosion with salt?

http://www.tdperformance.com/site/?d...keID=&ModelID=

What are your thoughts?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That's just the engine end. For a full kit I'd go to Summit Racing and call it a Chevrolet Truck. For my 5.7 they have a full kit with adapter, lines, gaskets, bolts, and a remote mount point. $43.
If you want it to be more bling that's available too, just more spendy. Look in the hi po boat sites for colors, braided lines, and other cool stuff.
I often run truck-car stuff of that sort without a problem. But my boat motor is very basic compared to some on here. I see no reason to go get specialized marine pieces for oiling.
I'd be interested to hear a good reason why it would be done. Perhaps due to the way boats are run. Seems to me it's to offset possible claims.

Last edited by NHGuy; 07-11-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used 2 of them....never had a issue...they probably never got them USCC approved....
Old 07-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, I have all of the mercruiser oil parts and was missing just that bypass adapter. So if it'll work I'm gonna use it..