Notices

EMI Exhaust comparison

Old 11-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it true that the emi exhaust is hecho in Mexico?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blaquebaja
Today I called Keith Eickert in Palm Coast FL. They want $42.99 for their Banjo fitting P/N 136-1013. 5/8-18 Banjo with # 6 AN fitting. They said that they make them in house. Phone 386-446-0660. No way in hell will I pay that much for one fitting. Looked on net found this company in Lake Havasu PURE CHOICE MOTOR SPORT they have the same thing made in brass. for $24.95 P/N 11810 Their phone is 888-505-8355. Check them out.
Don't take this wrong , but I spent 80.00 on dinner last night and could have spent less. Sometimes you gotta put things in perspective.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year I bought 2 sets of emi thunders w/long risers and put them on freshened up motors. Less than 2 hrs running time I was getting milky oil on one motor. Did 2 oil changes, next time out same thing. Flushed again, same thing. Removed risers/manifolds. Exhaust ports all rusty on fresh heads,luckily compression test all good. Pressure tested manifolds and checked good. Had risers pressure checked and inside pipe had 3/4" crack right on the inside bend. This happened in july (may/june was very wet so couldn't use the boat) I called emi and they said to send the riser back for evaluation and they will either fix or replace. I told them that I would wind up losing the whole summer by the time I got everything back and assembled that my prop guy repairs cmi's for some raceboats and that I will have him repair. He told me to take pix and send them to him. I had the riser repaired, took pix of the crack, exhaust ports and an itemized bill of around $700 that it cost me(2 oil changes w/joe gibbs oil, filters, they even charged me $32 for a new set of manifold/riser gaskets, repair and that didn't even include all my labor). After going back and forth with nonreturned calls (just sending me emails that it has to be presented to the owner) for 2 months, they told me there is nothing they could do for me. The exhaust looks and sounds nice but the inside pipe is made from thinner metal and once they bend it probably becomes too thin and splits. As far as their warranty, might as well throw it out with your garbage and as far as getting any satisfaction from customer service, forget it. I would have loved to go stainless marine but with doing the motor work just didn't have the extra coin. At least I caught the problem before it cost me a motor. That is my one and only experience with eddie marine.