Notices

Injector cleaning?

Old 02-08-2014, 06:06 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Injector cleaning?

Anyone have a recommendation for having injectors cleaned/serviced, or is it just a better idea to buy new ones? Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on cost of new .I use a place (fuel injector connection) that does an excellent job of checking ,ultrasonic cleaning and flow testing for reasonable money .They will be flow matched .Roughly 20-25 per injector.They can also sell you new ones at a fair cost if necessary..

http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com/
Old 02-08-2014, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 803 Likes on 453 Posts

There are other threads with the same request - depending where you are located....Cleaning them will be cheaper than replacement and with flow testing, you know everyone is working w/in spec

http://www.bammarine.com/Whatwedo/Fu...orService.aspx
Old 02-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used http://www.rceng.com for cleaning a couple of times. Have nothing but good things to say about them. Marren Fuel Injection is another popular choice. Typically, $22-25 per injector and you'll get a report back showing before/after results.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Thanks guys. I am gonna try to get them cleaned. For some reason, the injectors for my 98 350 Mag mpi are like 115 each?
Old 02-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Titan907
Thanks guys. I am gonna try to get them cleaned. For some reason, the injectors for my 98 350 Mag mpi are like 115 each?
I have a complete set of cleaned and flow tested injectors out of a 350 Mag EFI/MP sitting at home. If you need some I'll sell all 8 for $150.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Registered

Marren Fuel Injection ( Injector.com ). We have our race injectors serviced by them every season. Not just a guy with a Injector cleaner. Designs and builds fuel injection systems and components for all levels of professional motorsports, industry and military. No one better.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Thanks sbracing. That's probably who I am going with. I am sure after 15 years, a cleaning has got to be in order.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

If you send them out for cleaning and let them sit around for a wile before using them, tap each injector with a screw driver. The cleaning solution can cause the injector pintle to get stuck. Happened to me last year. And yes smart to do after 15 yrs. Mine were pretty bad the shop said. Cost to clean and flow check mine was $250 for 8.

If your thrift click below. There are also other videos out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJlTfHyrUk
Old 02-24-2014, 10:36 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

We flow test and clean injectors also now for almost 5 years. We have the back flush system to back flush the injector after cleaning and flow testing. We have found services that can not back flush injectors might still be leaving contaminates internally causing problems after the fact. We charge 25 dollars per injector. We also want you to number your injector beforehand because if you have a really bad injector ie: stuck open or flowing very little fuel to help which cylinder might have potential problems. Most services never tell you to do that so there is a tip. Also we never reuse the filter baskets no matter how clean or dirty they are after we pull them out, we always install the correct new filter basket and new o rings after all testing / cleaning & back flushing has been done. We also provide a breakdown report before and after the service of how well or not well the injectors tested & perform.

Next we also match as close to possible the specific gravity of the test flowing solution to gasoline to provide real world results. Anyways I know I do not have a big enough name out in the public as the others mentioned up here but I would not count our service out as I researched a very long time plus tested many machines myself as to which was the better machines on the market to use plus incorporate the back flush system. It is not a ASNU machine I can tell you that as most think that's the best machine on the market. I will say BAM has a good machine as I seen what they use..RC uses a custom made machine that is over the top and of course they do a great job plus been doing injector services a very long time. Hope some of this info helps and if you need any more info my # is 817-658-7721. I also have been in the marine business for 25 years.

As for the youtube video that is nothing like a provided injector service that we do or recommend. There is so much more to it than that plus the testing you put an injector thru before and after cleaning.

Last edited by BUP; 02-24-2014 at 10:57 AM.