Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
New Dash Panel, need opinions >

New Dash Panel, need opinions

Notices

New Dash Panel, need opinions

Old 04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right now. The boat has an ugly blue and yellow stripe, that is being removed. So for the time being the hull will be solid white, with candy blue arch, rails, etc. It will also have the "Concept 30" in matching blue. Eventually it will get a graphic, but just like my Velocity, I have to have the boat for a while and then eventually I will come up with a design the suits the boat well...

Last edited by low_psi; 04-28-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Registered

I decided to use MS paint to try and see what the new panel would look like Blue with Neon Green Graphic and Labels. Our plan is to eventually add a graphic to the hull sides that is primarily blue with a small neon green highlight. So with that in mind I think this is what we are going to go with. It just didn't sound like it was going to work until I was able to see it (even if it is a rough representation)....

Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

This is clear acrylic with the hull graphics painted on the back from my new Renegade build. GPS cover will be painted to match just to give you some ideas.

Erik[ATTACH=CONFIG]522696[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails New Dash Panel, need opinions-photo.jpg  
Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry for the upside down pic haha
Old 04-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Registered

The one I am having done will be done on clear acrylic as well. Just instead of a graphic, solid color. The switch labels and the concept logo will be painted from the back side as well.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the blue. Less glare in bright sunlight.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Registered

I wanted to try and take apart both Tachs to repaint the inner trim ring due to yellowing before I bought new ones. The Tachs worked fine, just had discoloration under the glass. Well after I got both of them apart I realized since I am repaint it the inner ring, I could do them in whatever color I wanted... Since I have no plans of using the speedometer I decided to use it to try a different color. I think it turned out very nice. I will be doing this to all of the gauges. The neon green will match the graphic and labels on the new panel and the outer bezels are being powder coated to more closely match all of the other powder coated blue stuff (like radar arch, handles, rails, etc).

Old 04-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always go white and the get some custom cut vinyl graphics. I did this whit my machine last week. Was very low coast and I felt it looks way better than plain white.
Attached Thumbnails New Dash Panel, need opinions-image.jpg  
Old 04-29-2014, 09:22 AM
Registered

I needed all of the switches labeled as well. I figured if I did those in vinyl, they would chip and flake off fast being so small..

Yours definitely looks better than plain white.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Registered

Here is a before and after of the Tachs. For a few minutes worth of time I think that was a few hundred bucks well saved... (for a trial I used the inside trim ring from the Speedometer I am not going to be using. The final color green will be a bit brighter)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.