New Dash Panel, need opinions

Old 04-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great
Old 04-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the clear acrylic and going to airbrush the back side, used one of my old gauges as a template and have other parts on order.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by low_psi
I needed all of the switches labeled as well. I figured if I did those in vinyl, they would chip and flake off fast being so small..

Yours definitely looks better than plain white.
I have not done this but I think if you get the stickers negative cut, the I've quick coat of paint and remove them it should hold up...... Just an idea
Old 05-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
I have not done this but I think if you get the stickers negative cut, the I've quick coat of paint and remove them it should hold up...... Just an idea
That is what Ultimate Marine Panels is doing for me. They are cutting a piece of acrylic (using my template), then masking off the Concept Logo and the labels (from the back side), shooting the Blue. Then removing the masking and shooting the Neon-Green. By shooting if from the back side it gives the panel some depth. After I thought about it, for $200 it didn't seem worth it to do the panel myself. I'm sure I'd be in it close to $75 in materials. I am sure having a company that specializes in doing dash panels, will result in better fit and finish (than I would have done). Plus I can spend my time on other projects like, recovering two cockpit panels, redoing the cuddy headliner and walls, installing the stereo, wheeling out the entire boat, reinstalling all of the aluminum parts (that are currently at the powder coaters), and the list goes on.....
Old 05-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What would be pretty cool, and I might try it one day.... Is to cut a piece of clear acrylic for the dash, mask off the logo from the front side. Paint the front side with the color of choice (in this case blue) then paint the back side white. So once the masking is removed the logo will appear white. Some how mount LED lights in the Acrylic so when the key is on, it will illuminate the logo (in my case green LEDs). Hmmmmm..... Might try that sooner than later.