Notices

Pulling injectors

Old 05-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling injectors

I will be removing the fuel injectors to have them cleaned on a 500efi. Any advice would be helpfull. I think I'm going to have to pull the intake. Where can I get the Orings for it other than merc. What style injectors are these? Can I reuse injector Orings?
Thanks. Any input would be great!
Old 05-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Registered

If you get them serviced at a reputable shop you will get them back with new filter screens and all seals. Make sure you lubricate the o-rings before you put them back in.
Here are a couple I've had good experience with.

Marren Fuel Injection
RC Fuel Injection
Old 05-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevinb230
I will be removing the fuel injectors to have them cleaned on a 500efi. Any advice would be helpfull. I think I'm going to have to pull the intake. Where can I get the Orings for it other than merc. What style injectors are these? Can I reuse injector Orings?
Thanks. Any input would be great!
call http://www.dpii.com/ ask for jim,he has everything and can also do the cleaning,flow them and new screnes and has the orings..
Old 05-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Registered

We use Marren Fuel Injection. www.injector.com. Tim isn't just some guy with an injector cleaning machine. He thoroughly cleans and checks each injector for flow and operation, installs new o rings ands screens. Fuel injection is not a side business for him, it is all he does. He does complete system design for just about anything and is a racer himself (IMSA Continental Tire Series).
Old 05-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 166 Likes on 94 Posts

We always send them back with new o rings & screens

http://www.bammarine.com/Ourstuff/Fu...orService.aspx
Old 05-03-2014, 11:15 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Also some added info and we offer fuel injector services as well. Read post 10 from the link below. Also have to add about our service that most top feed injectors are 25 to 30 dollars per injector. The range can be 25 to 35 dollars per injector for side feed injectors.-

IMO 4 important things that nobody looks at beforehand on choosing a fuel injector service is, does that service test flow a fuel injector with a test fluid that matches the specific gravity of current fuel blends - this provides more real world results to compare, next do they use a quality machine, next does this service back flush an injector after it has been cleaned with a back flush system, next is before you even pull your injectors, it is wise to number your injectors as to which cylinder you pulled them out from the fuel rail. A really bad injector can possible pinpoint a problem cylinder. I do not think I have ever seen a fuel injector service tell you to mark your injectors beforehand.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...-cleaning.html

Last edited by BUP; 05-03-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Registered

Should I replace the intake Orings? If so where is a good place to get them?
Old 05-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Registered

Napa has them, but I don't recall the P/N.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered

Well I dropped them off today, they are going clean, flow and replace seals and filters. $18 per injector and will be done Wednesday. Now hopefully I can find the P/N for the intake o-ring.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Registered

Fel pro part number ES 70599.. any of your local auto parts stores will have them if they carry fel pro,,napa preferably..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.