540ci mpi blower motor no power or throttle response >

540ci mpi blower motor no power or throttle response

Notices

540ci mpi blower motor no power or throttle response

Old 10-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
Not the issue you are having here, but I don't think that merc EFI and your setup are going to work well at all....this has been around but you are way beyond the ability of that manifold with out lots of work..hopefully you changed the rails and completly redid the fuel lines/filter/etc and are using a return setup...
Fuel lines have been redone, high flow filter,a return has been added and intake ported. But I do feel the same way about set up. Was thinking about going to a fast setup or just go carberated with a blow through. Anybody have experience with the fast setup in a marine application. Would still like to get this thing going in the mean time.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not sure if you fixed your problem... Hopefully so,,, But you need someone with the right tools and know how to plug into it and tune it.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Registered

I have a fast system on my boat and I love it. Granted, I'm not supercharging mine, but for my NA application it's been a flawless performer.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is your gauge showing vacuum at idle or even boost when you rev it..try taking the tube off at the throttle body to make sure your intercooler is not ruptured and spraying water into the throttle body..
Old 10-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 858 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by gary gray
Now that I did replace the map sensor it will start without without giving it throttle, after 2 or 3 times. It usually will start then stall and about the third time it will idle. I did try to lower fuel pressure and it didn't seem to help. It is a boost reference regulator. The pump is a aeromotive a1000 pump, horsepower estimated at 800-850. What I don't get is on initial start up after rebuild it seem to run find, then after shutting it done once I looked it over it all went to crap.
try to start it again.if it starts,continue on,if it doesn't.stop and pull some plugs.find out if they're wet or dry.then we can go from there.
sounds like tuning,,in like in the boat tuning.
wet or dry exhaust?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
try to start it again.if it starts,continue on,if it doesn't.stop and pull some plugs.find out if they're wet or dry.then we can go from there.
sounds like tuning,,in like in the boat tuning.
wet or dry exhaust?
I was thinking the same thing, "in the boat tuning". Do you have any way to put on AFR gauge on it.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Registered

If it was mine I would take a look at the Holley HP controller. Will tune in the boat for you. Take a look at the Thread
"EFI for Everyone"

Last edited by hadleycat; 10-21-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:16 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by gary gray
Fuel lines have been redone, high flow filter,a return has been added and intake ported. But I do feel the same way about set up. Was thinking about going to a fast setup or just go carberated with a blow through. Anybody have experience with the fast setup in a marine application. Would still like to get this thing going in the mean time.
We've had good luck luck with the Fast systems, the newer self tune works very well, it actually tunes while you're driving around, none of the stop and install the tune BS.

Last edited by GPM; 10-22-2014 at 08:15 PM.