Notices

blower service?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default blower service?

Planning on sending my mega blowers out for bearings seals and teflon since i have no real projects going on the boat and i think they should be making more psi at 17% overdrive. They also make no noise whatsoever! Anyone have a place they recomend??? The Blower Shop said theyd do it but figured id get a second opinion.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 626 Posts

DMPE, class act.
http://www.dmpeinc.com/superchargers/
Old 10-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Riley, dmpe is very good from what i hear. In sw michigan. Also, up here in chicago, Dyers blowers has been around forever. They redid all bearings and seals for icdedppls 10-71 blowers. His stripping was still in spec.

Be sure to check for any back/forth play on the input shaft. The couplers are the weak link in those blowers. Blower shop makes new ones for them. Cant get them anywhere else that i know of.

they also make billet front covers and snouts for them. My 420 blowers with serpentine belts are dead quiet until about 5000rpm.

How much boost are they making at 17 over ?
Old 10-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They only make 8-9psi at 5500 but i think some of that is due to being under propped and not loading the engines as much as i could. Im pulling back at that point and thinking that's the majority of the issue but for piece of mind wouldn't mind having them checked out