Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
502 engines. were they ever sold in GM vehicles?  or crate only? >

502 engines. were they ever sold in GM vehicles? or crate only?

Notices

502 engines. were they ever sold in GM vehicles? or crate only?

Old 12-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bcfountain
clown huh??if I gave wrong info so sorry.but to call names to someone just trying to help is wrong.its guys like you and your little keyboard clowns buddys that have ruined this site.this is why people are leaving to go to other sites.you know little red.if I was wrong.just tell me so.nobody likes to be called names.
I suggest you read lil red's post again. I don't beleive he called you a clown. Instead he said if you google this topic you will find a clown who has wrote somewhere else on the Internet that 502's were used in u-hauls (probably Wikipedia). Now if you are the guy who wrote that on wikepedia' site then I guess he indeed called you a clown but pretty sure that clown comment wasn't directed at you.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger Perkins
I seem to remember back in the mid 70s my father bought a Cadillac that had a 502,what a beast.
500 cid,,not the same 502 chevy
Old 12-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
the timing was to high in the middle of the rpm range and they pulled it out on the top end to limit rpm.down to about 24° total at wot.thats why you couldn't just crank up the wot timing,mid timing would head towards 50°.I use to make chips for my truck and it could run on reg fuel and had 35° total at 3500 all the way up to 5200rpm.
I also change the tbi to holley single plane and a 1000cfm throttlebody and 8 injectors.
did you batch fire the injectors? and did you series the injectors or parallel them so the quad driver in the pcm would not over heat and shut down..im just curious because i was going to try a merc mpi on one and see if i could get it to run with the stock pcm with a custom chip..
Old 12-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
I suggest you read lil red's post again. I don't beleive he called you a clown. Instead he said if you google this topic you will find a clown who has wrote somewhere else on the Internet that 502's were used in u-hauls (probably Wikipedia). Now if you are the guy who wrote that on wikepedia' site then I guess he indeed called you a clown but pretty sure that clown comment wasn't directed at you.
I did read his post.and no .I am not the guy on the internet.I am sure you would have different opinion if the table was turned.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Try again. I meant exactly what 502ss posted.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 901 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
did you batch fire the injectors? and did you series the injectors or parallel them so the quad driver in the pcm would not over heat and shut down..im just curious because i was going to try a merc mpi on one and see if i could get it to run with the stock pcm with a custom chip..
batch fired them,paralleled the the injectors,that truck is still running today,,its been like that since 2000.