Notices

33Outlaw sunpad r/r wood!

Old 01-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Why cant you mask off the teal on the hull and paint it blue or silver or red. Then recover the interior to meet whatever color you want?
The hull is changed.. I think I may have mastered that! lol, ther is teal on gauges, cup holders and cording. Though I probaly could paint the gauges and anodized cup holders. Just thinking, I could probably dye the cording since its not on a wear spot. (around walls) Definite possibilities!!

This is what I started with... Considering the "deal" I got on this boat, the teal/lt green and pink got old quick.

Teal platform turned to black
Teal sides = black
Light green= teal
Pink= silver
[ATTACH=CONFIG]536192[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 33Outlaw sunpad r/r wood!-image.jpg  

Last edited by nailit; 01-25-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

New cup holders at Hardin Marine. Cheap.

Carbon fiber dash with new bezels that arent from the Don Johnson collection. Cheap.

Re-upholster the interior. Not cheap but you need it anyway.

Done.

Call me if you need assistance throwing more money away!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on using 1/2" plastic sheets either acrylic or poly. eplastics.com or usplastic.com not sure about the weight compared to wood but I know it will never rot.

I took apart the hatch i bought from a 25OL and removed all the wood so I can trace it and cut the plastic to the correct shape and size since I don't want to use that wood although its in great shape (garage kept). My wood is all rotted out so I couldn't use that. The skins and cushions are mint although I'll have to add about 10" of vinyl towards the transom since the 33 is longer. Colors actually (kinda) match, old colors are yellow and purple new skins are yellow and lime green. No green on the hull of course but I'lll be wrapping it with new graphics and most likely changing them every summer.

I now have a pair of bolsters for sale since I got the entire cockpit seating from the 25. Also part of the rear seat and arm rests.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Registered

Do you have any pictures of the bolsters.can text or email them to me?
Old 01-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brandonb_05
Do you have any pictures of the bolsters.can text or email them to me?
Yes pm me your email or cell number and I'll send you pics.

Last edited by ivanfuego; 01-28-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
Well my hinges pulled out the sunpad! Figured this was about to happen as I had just done my 25ol hatch also!

Enlisted my 9yr old son to help me get hatch off boat and start taking staples out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536130[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536131[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536132[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536133[/ATTACH]
Nailit, Are you running a sweat shop down there in LA??

Nice progress on the hatch! Can't wait to see it finished!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

Actually I could not have done it without him!! He held it up while we were both standing on engine intakes so I could take the last screws out of the hinges.

Any why yes, we were sweating! Lol
Old 01-28-2015, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you need to communicate with ivanfuego. he just bit off a mucho bigger chunk of work!! you might even be shipping him your son as an assistant...
Old 01-28-2015, 01:47 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nailit
Actually I could not have done it without him!! He held it up while we were both standing on engine intakes so I could take the last screws out of the hinges.

Any why yes, we were sweating! Lol
teach them when their young.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:40 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanfuego
I plan on using 1/2" plastic sheets either acrylic or poly. eplastics.com or usplastic.com not sure about the weight compared to wood but I know it will never rot.

I took apart the hatch i bought from a 25OL and removed all the wood so I can trace it and cut the plastic to the correct shape and size since I don't want to use that wood although its in great shape (garage kept). My wood is all rotted out so I couldn't use that. The skins and cushions are mint although I'll have to add about 10" of vinyl towards the transom since the 33 is longer. Colors actually (kinda) match, old colors are yellow and purple new skins are yellow and lime green. No green on the hull of course but I'lll be wrapping it with new graphics and most likely changing them every summer.

I now have a pair of bolsters for sale since I got the entire cockpit seating from the 25. Also part of the rear seat and arm rests.
I need the fiberglass tray from that 25 Outlaw if you want to sell it, or trade me if I make you a correct 33 motorlid skin in your choice of colors. Call my cell number 419-569-1984 Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.