Mold... Don't clean it, KILL it! >

Mold... Don't clean it, KILL it!

Notices

Mold... Don't clean it, KILL it!

Old 09-04-2016, 11:19 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

How did this work out down the road and the interior holding up ---- in good shape or did it get dried out or did the mold comeback ? We get a lot of plastic grab handles and steering wheels that mold over completely black while being stored along with very spotted interior. A lot of boats carport storage or dirt / grass fully enclosed boat storage. Thanks for updating this if all possible.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Mold's job is to break down organic matter. Dead skin cells paper wood etc. It is rot and decay.

Mold is in the air everywhere. Since dust carries it's food source and the mold spores it can grow most anywhere. It just needs moisture from high humidity or actual water. Control the moisture and you can control mold. Also mold doesn't like light or moving air.

A good cleaning before storage will reduce its food source. If your covery is in direct contact with the sun pad then elevate it to allow air flow.

Moisture accumulates on cold surfaces. The thermal mass of a boat may remain cold as air temps go up and down thus attracting moisture to the cold surfaces.

If you can find sporicidan you can wipe down surfaces with it. It kills and prevents mold growth for months. Very safe it is used to clean operating rooms and in food proceeding areas.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Just as an update, I had sprayed my cuddy and it didnt completely knock out all the mold the day I sprayed it, but I went into the cuddy last weekend and its WHITE!! Apparently it kept working. It looks great!!
Old 12-30-2016, 02:01 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

^^^^ You used that JOMAX stuff correct. I went to HD and asked for it, It was NOT in stock and a special order plus not cheap ? Plus they told me I had to buy a case of it for a bare min order. What did you pay for and was it on the shelf ? or how did you get it ? THX
Old 12-31-2016, 01:18 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
^^^^ You used that JOMAX stuff correct. I went to HD and asked for it, It was NOT in stock and a special order plus not cheap ? Plus they told me I had to buy a case of it for a bare min order. What did you pay for and was it on the shelf ? or how did you get it ? THX
You can buy it on Amazon