Notices

Start-up Warning buzzers

Old 05-02-2016, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 479 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Start-up Warning buzzers

Does anyone know where to find the warning buzzers/lights for the dashboard? I am looking for the momentary audible (with red light) dummy warning indicators. The ones that sound for a few seconds when the key is activated.

Mine stay on as long as the key is "ON", it's loud and annoys the sh!t out of me. you can't do anything with the key "ON" (engines not running) and those damned things at full blast. Any direction is much appreciated.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Registered

I went ahead and grabbed two of these, not sure if they are momentary (shut themselves off after a couple seconds when key "ON")

http://www.amazon.com/Piezoelectric-.../dp/B00UW6HSFM
Old 05-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I went ahead and grabbed two of these, not sure if they are momentary (shut themselves off after a couple seconds when key "ON")

http://www.amazon.com/Piezoelectric-.../dp/B00UW6HSFM
I'm curious, with the key on, engines not running, there is no oil pressure, so why wouldn't the alarm stay on?
Old 05-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Maine
I'm curious, with the key on, engines not running, there is no oil pressure, so why wouldn't the alarm stay on?
that is what it is for,to warn the driver if engine overheats or looses oil pressure.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Registered

Yes, I agree, and that's why it is on because it doesn't see oil pressure. When the engine fires and is running it goes off.

My question is, aren't there switches (Take for instance our other boat with Yamaha outboards), where the buzzers initially sound, and then go quiet with the key on. They only sound again if there is a problem. Am I explaining it correctly?

I can live with it, just looking for an alternative so that I can have my keys on without those damned buzzers singing in my ear. Makes it near impossible to think when I am trying to troubleshoot something. Maybe install a cut-off switch just for the buzzers, but I really don;t want to do that, because eventually I will forget to turn them back on, then have problems.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
that is what it is for,to warn the driver if engine overheats or looses oil pressure.
Mike,
That was my question, he said they shut themselves off after a couple of seconds without the engine running with the key on. Without the engine running there is no oil pressure, so they should sound, correct? Mine have about a 10 second delay when you first turn on the key, but after that they sound because there is no oil pressure (unless you start the engine).
Old 05-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Maine
Mike,
That was my question, he said they shut themselves off after a couple of seconds without the engine running with the key on. Without the engine running there is no oil pressure, so they should sound, correct? Mine have about a 10 second delay when you first turn on the key, but after that they sound because there is no oil pressure (unless you start the engine).
yours are working correctly,until the oil pressure comes up they should sound with the key in the on position.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Registered

Yes, they stay on, it's annoying.....
Old 05-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Registered

I see what you mean, Yamaha must use an input from the tach or something, so if the key is on but engine not running, then alarm is silenced. Why do you want to have the keys on without running engine?
Old 05-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

You could introduce a time delay relay into the circuit. You would have to wire it so it was only active in the "key on-engine off" state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.