Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Interested in connecting with Houston, Texas area Mercruiser Mechanic / 38ft Scarab >

Interested in connecting with Houston, Texas area Mercruiser Mechanic / 38ft Scarab

Notices

Interested in connecting with Houston, Texas area Mercruiser Mechanic / 38ft Scarab

Old 04-19-2017, 01:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in connecting with Houston, Texas area Mercruiser Mechanic / 38ft Scarab

Hello forum members, as my subject line suggests any mechanics in Houston area [preferably north side] please connect with me, I have a fuel delivery issue on a 502 Magnum EFI, likely to be jelled fuel from sitting up.

I will evacuate the tank ahead of time for the fuel system work to be done, but will wait for the lines to be blown clean before adding fuel back into the tank.

I am needing a knowledgeable mechanic with their own tools that can get into the fuel delivery system efficiently saving time and get my 1 engine back to dependable running condition.

I can transport the boat to any location within reason. Boat is located in Huntsville, Texas now.

1990 - 38ft - Scarab - twin 502-Magnum EFI's, the other engine is running fine, I have run the engine that needs fuel system cleaning before.

Both engines are new rebuilds with only a few hours on them. Problem is they have been sitting up for some time and I am sure the lines and other components are clogged with jelled fuel.

I ran the other engine just a few months ago. I would like the mechanic to check fuel pressures for both engines once they are both running, and possibly do other checks as needed, recommend best fuel delivery mod's if needed, etc....

There are a few other repairs needed to this boat, it is a restoration in progress, so there may be other items for the right mechanic to pick-up on.

Thanks for any referrals or responses to this request that can get me where I need to be in the next 1 or 2 months with running this boat, before I send it for gel-coat restoration and upholstery.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Unless someone from the Lake Conroe area replies, you are better off getting it down to any number of the guys down in the Kemah area. I know Victory Marine could get you back up and running. My .02
Old 07-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

imartin

not sure if i thanked u for replying to my post

i am thinking to contact victory at end of season an get them started on my fuel delivery an work through other items as well
Old 07-14-2017, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Glenn at Lakeside Marine on Hwy 105, Montgomery, TX is pretty good. I took my old Checkmate to him several times and had they did a good job. No complaints. FYI - Stopped in there last week and was told there is a 6 week backlog right now. I am waiting until October to take mine in.