Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't read if you were running closed cooling or not
Old 11-15-2017, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by veloc410
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-122260/overview/

i used this cheap analogue gage to double check my temps. Comes with 6 ft flexible capilary tube and fitting at end, I used a reducer bushing in the intake manifold to plug it in. 15 bucks. They have better more expensive models if you want to mount it permanent. They state to be careful with tube and try not to bend it at the ends. Not sure where your temp senders are but this what helped me trouble shoot and nail down my temp issue. It will at least give you second way to monitor your temps. I imagine you could check your oil temp with it also. I would not trust what the t stats housing reads it has mixed water in it. My sender were in the housing and we're showing around 130 -140 but when I installed the analogue gage in the intake manifold it was showing 210- 220 just idling. I then moved my senders to intake manifolds and they read within 10 degrees of the analogue gage from summit
If your talking to me; I usually shoot the block and intake in various places with my hand held inferred thermometer. Good idea tho. I'm running open cooling; there wouldn't be any issue if it was closed.