Notices

Mabey I’m learning,,

Old 07-26-2018, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks again for the help, just looking at the MegaSquirt, that’s more complex than the Daytona for me. If I use the Daytona in two D mode, would it be effective, or do I really need the map-2 bar sensor, and the pc mapping that 3 D will require? I’ve read up on the Daytona, wondering if my computer skills are to lacking to have it ready this year.( or next, Lol)
Old 07-26-2018, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

You’ll still see a lot of benefits even with the the standard table. Still have start retard, idle stabilization, rev limiter, and delayed start which lets the motor turn over a couple to reach full cranking speed before it send a signal to fire up.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Registered

I did find the Daytona kit, including, coil,and the map sensor wire, for under 1200 $ for two. I’m going to start there get the boat going, then try to figure out the computer part. Once it’s in, it may not seem so intimidating. I will let you all know as soon as I get everything installed, and start the initial tuning in the driveway. Again,THANK YOU! Everyone for your time and input!

Last edited by Scscoripion; 07-26-2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-27-2018, 04:32 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

It’s really not that difficult. The computer ties into the tach/brown wire. Upon install make sure that wire is accessible and they send weatherpak comnectors to add to make it easier. Follow install instructions. You can even download all the software right now and start playing with it. Don’t even need the box. You can set it all up at the kitchen table then take computer to the boat and upload to the boxes. The software downloads are available on the website.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you go to some method of having computer control over timing you will never go back. Tames big cams, increased fuel economy, easier starts and having the ability to implement safeguards (depending on the control unit).

If I had to pick between just electronic fuel control or just electronic timing control..........Id pick timing control hands down (and have).......I can make a carb do whatever I want (within reason)....but I cant make timing advance as the engine slows to prevent a stall (with springs/weights)....I cant retard timing a couple degrees at peak torque then bring it back in a few hundred RPM after.....you get the idea.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:32 AM
Registered

The timing control feature’s sound very good. I have to admit, I’m going to be thrilled if I can make the first trip with no damage.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:53 PM
Registered

Hi again, sc here, I’m back! One new question, seems like an easy one, bought the Daytona sensor ingition’s and need to know for sure, do I lock out the distributor, and set it at 32’ or so, also do I need to refaze my msd pro Bullitt distributors? Been working like crazy to get it all together this year.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Scscoripion
Hi again, sc here, I’m back! One new question, seems like an easy one, bought the Daytona sensor ingition’s and need to know for sure, do I lock out the distributor, and set it at 32’ or so, also do I need to refaze my msd pro Bullitt distributors? Been working like crazy to get it all together this year.
distributor needs to be locked out. Youll set your fixed timing to at least 1 degree more than the total you plan to run. If you wanna run 34* total, lock it at 35*. Then program the box to adjust timing anywhere from 13* to 34* depending on how you want to map it .
Old 08-24-2018, 08:04 PM
Registered

Thanks, I was pretty sure to lock it, just wanted to make sure,I was just installing my fuel pump block off plates, and found a factory merc. Fuel pump on the rt. Engine, left had a high performance after market, no worries, lol. Back with more updates soon, Stu
Old 09-02-2018, 09:03 AM
Registered

More updates, I was locking out the distributors the other day, remember I told you about the plug wires all zip tied together, well, when I was removing the the the msd’s7 al the distributor pick up wire was stuck, guess where. All zip tied in with the spark plug wires. Probably won’t reinstall the Daytona’s this way. I’m ready to set my rev limiter, can’t figure out the setting. Instructions say, use 06-99, wouldn’t that set it at almost 7000? Also, which canned timing curve would you recommend? Still hoping to get going this year, probably won’t have time to figure out custom mapping, MAP sensor, and the rest of it. On a exciting note, did get to go to clam diggers last night, in marks 40’ hawk( my old boat) great time for all. I got to be the designated driver on the way home. The lake was angry! Hell of a boat! We got wet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.