Notices

Heat Exchanger Gaskets

Old 10-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Heat Exchanger Gaskets

Just a reminder for 496 owners don't forget your heat exchanger gaskets when you winterize...this was our first year with this boat so I decided to change them when I winterized so along with the impellors they would be fresh in the spring. Engines have 470 hours but I think these were the original gaskets, one was sucked in so far it had ripped and another fell apart in my hands. Luckily I had the engines back flushed when the impellors were replaced. Not sure how I made it all summer without overheating!
Old 10-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 178 Likes on 115 Posts

Rob, you back in KY for awhile? Long time no hear from you here.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Rob, you back in KY for awhile? Long time no hear from you here.
No, other than taking the boat back down for winter storage and then one more trip in November to close down the Condo we are finished for the season. We lost the bearings on one of the Hardin Marine water pumps on Sunday afternoon of Labor Day weekend and that ended our season, between sending the pumps back to Hardin for rebuild and traveling for work I just picked the boat up from Hu B's this week to clean up and winterize.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 178 Likes on 115 Posts

I winterized mine just before Labor Day. I'll be back a week before Memorial day to summarize it and get ready for the season.
Good luck and be sure to give my best to Suzette and your dad. See you next season.