Mercuiser cool fuel filters

Old 10-22-2018, 09:00 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Your funny
Damping "taking out the pulsing of the pump" can be smoothed many ways
And the tune is specific as its a Merc locked tune with all the 555 PER their set ups including fuel set up and cool fuels differences GEN 2 vs GEN 3.

thanks for the compliment I will say that to.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:15 PM
BUP
Banned

Since alldodge your changing directions and I guess dogging me about different past posts here - for starters -- The cool fuel gen 3 you wanted to argue with me about that as well about the internal paint. I do not get it from you - - The subject at hand here in this post was --- about the PCM / ECM locked OEM tunes. With that said, I am telling you that the PCM 555 for GEN 2 cool fuel compared to GEN 3 cool fuel is different PCM tunes / calibrations -- Do you really even know ? You still want to argue this to no end then point fingers about past posts . . .So for the fact of the matter did you know -- Merc even has different PART numbers for the PCM 555 for the GEN 2 cool fuels applications compared to the gen 3 cool fuel applications - The PCM tunes are not the same period nor are the part numbers.

Anyways Back to the gen 3 cool fuet had peeling paint all the way to 2015 and that was for the CATALYST ENGINES in the mix, but again you continued to argue with me about no they did not as YOU believed all painting stopped in 2009 for the gen 3 cool fuels internally. I have no idea why you do not listen and would rather argue as it seems. --- so you ended up calling merc and they told you 2014 they went to anodizing the top portion only and no more paint . Actually it was 2015 still had paint. after all that -- you finally believed me but only after Merc told you as well.

I have no idea why you want to make a seen on my posts this year. I am lost about your motive here and where your info comes from. I hope maybe you see where I am coming from in this matter . I take what I do seriously and try to post very solid info as it does not come from google. And for the record the 496 is not my only expertise. I work on alot more than just the 496.

Last edited by BUP; 10-23-2018 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:38 PM
BUP
Banned

So now you have another beef with me is cam sensors as I proved you WRONG for what you listed with that one. a couple months ago - you were so far off with that I still do not get it - you know google is not always correct right ? Nor is Rock auto, . , I still can not believe you went from me telling you that one can not just change up fuel systems completely as the PCM / ECM 555 locked tunes are not the same between the different fuel system set ups thru Mercruiser to calling me out about cam sensors. So you want to rehash that one again. I am lost at your motive here. .

I do not get you at all and why you argue with me about everything. Why is that ??, . You totally argued about the brass drain plugs installed in brass housing was not good as installing Stainless steel drain plugs into brass seriously you want to disagree with me over that as well.. I do not get that one. . Your info was from google and it was about Stainless plating from a chart inwhich has nothing to do with marine stainless steel applications. .So I bet you will reargue about the stainless plating chart now ?

Anyways here is the gen 3 cool fuel PAINT -- ISSUES The gen 3 cool fuel started in late 2005 thru 2015 with internal paint. The Paint issues Info in the Service Bulletin below. Its dated 2016, So do me a favor and report I gave you the info on all those other websites,

thank you because you were reporting all the paint stopped in 2009. That is not correct. The SB for the win and for you below - hope you can open it up --- again setting the record straight so we do not have to argue this one all over again. .. So whats next out of you -- the cam sensors or the PCM tunes are different between the cool fuels because they are whether you think so or not..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SB11.pdf (473.4 KB, 588 views)
File Type: pdf
SB11.pdf (473.4 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by BUP; 10-23-2018 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Dang I was just looking for a cheap place to buy the filters lol.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 476 Likes on 371 Posts

Your just a guy that doesn't like questions other then, how did you become the best in the world

Sorry outta control for the side track, will see if I can find a place

Last edited by AllDodge; 10-23-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 476 Likes on 371 Posts

Here is cheapest I've found and is Merc, may be able to find aftermarket a bit cheaper
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Mer...5.c10#viTabs_0
Old 10-23-2018, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks, yea Im not a fan of aftermarket parts. 76 bucks including shipping is pretty cheap. I had forgotten about ebay.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:18 AM
BUP
Banned

^^^^ well sorry about all the miss directions here. Thanks as well but in all fairness your screen name is outta control - so this thread fits. could not have done it without alldodge refuting everything I say for this whole year. .

Last edited by BUP; 10-23-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bub / alldodge ,

im new on the forum and been a industrial engine mechanic for past 30 years , i must say i enjoy the banter as ive been involved it it all my life, working with other mechanics challenging each other in a friendly way and having FUN,

cheers, keep up the great posts
Old 12-20-2018, 04:22 PM
BUP
Banned

I guess thanks for the compliment

BUT I DO HAVE TO MAKE ONE VALID POINT here I am not that far advance as of yet but working on my youtube patch like whomever. Then the next steep is the google patch. Got love it getting out mastered by these dudes. Yeah right . That will be the F in day.