Notices

Need Advise PLEASE.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Need Advise PLEASE.

I got my drive done 110% from George Late Fall 2019 (Pre covid). Re-installed over Winter 2019, Lake tested Spring 2020 With all the Covid crap I was able to break it in as directed. Had oil changes and used at 75% for under 10 hrs.
With the 2 year warranty from AADS, and my boat stored with Kevin, at Compton Marina in MI, George offers a FREE INSPECTIOn after one year.
Kevin pulled drive and had sent to George for inspection. George said its just like new and can verify with him as needed.

Is there a market for my drive? What is a fair price for me and the buyer? Plus shipping or free pick up.

07/29/2019 Day one Invoice $11,795.00
Invoice included a New Drive Guardian (Line item Cost $2400.00) DG is at Marine Design Corp. Chicago waiting to be recalibrated.
Mercury Bravo Phase IV outdrive rebuild, Mod upper case, X mod ss towerAADS Phase 4 complete service CYRO and polished.
Complete Drive, Drive guardian WITH GIMBLE, RES. Tans Ass, INNER PLATE, coupler, Complete Drive package.
This would be a completed ready to go package (s), just need HP of motor to hav DG reset.
I am by no means a mechanic, so if its a part needed for I/O, and I do not need it for my new purposed Outboards its included.

SECOND option: Add a Brand New ILMORE MV-10 Just rebuilt by Kevin Singleton Exotic Marine Development, Running on DYNO within 2 weeks for a build sheet and specks. New ECU, NEW EVERYTHING, with reciepts.
Stock was 625 HP, Kevin says we should be around 700-715 HP. Dyno sheet and build sheet once he runs her. According to Kevin the motor is worth 40k plus, headers 6-8k Full marine rebuild so,,,, 46-46k ish? If you have not heard what the MV-10 sounds like , look on FB for Kevin Singleton. The trophy truck Viper motor sound is just like my boat.

Or would a 50k complete package deal be a good price or fair for everyone? PLUS shipping.

Shipping defined as:
Drive package from MI
Drive Guardian from Chicago
ILMORE ships from Reno NV.
Willing to bring it all back to Mi, for pick up if desired.

My goal here is to get feedback from OSO, I believe in a deal being a good one is when both parties are happy! The is not an add to sell, I would list package (S) on OSO for there part or service in this matter. Once I can get feedback on best way to sell package (S) Please do not PM me for a today cash offer, I will not respond. for price. But willing to respond with a OSO classified link once the best way to sell is figured out.
I just cannot afford to pull and re-rig not knowing costs of what im selling is going for or worth to someone..
As I'm certain most people on here would understand.
I would not be selling to get rid of JUNK, just got off line with Chris at Compton marine about the current se tup and switching to Twin outboards for my HTM Cat.
Something I can afford for winterization, more affordable maintenance, ect.

My goal would be the one of two package options noted.
Any useful knowledge is appreciated!
I only know what I have and what it is, I do not know every speck or detail.
AADS (George) is the drive builder, Chris at Compton marina is the mechanic and Kevin singleton is the motor builder. Any tech. questions would have to be directed to them.

After taking with all of them, Chris told me that there are new Skater plugs avbl. Maybee pretty cheap on 2021, that with my purposed package would make one hell of a boat.
Full package, I would even toss in lebowski badges if you have Compton Marine remove.
Other than the steering, If I have it its yours in FULL package. Sea strainer (s) I'm willing to give you what I do not need for twin outboards in purposed package for free, Wire harness if applicable, ect.
I don't know forsake what I don't need (Chris knows)
I just want them taken out nice as so there is no damage to hull. I don't want to store or have a pile of part to sell.
I would retain the hydraulic steering set up not included.
Im the middle class guy that has spent a s*** load of $ to pay them to do what they do![img]/forums/images/smilies/ernaehrung004.gif[/img]​​​​​​​
Old 02-11-2021, 12:46 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 971 Posts

I think it will really depend on what a buyer needs. I would price it all separately and then offer "contact for package deal"

Most people who need an outdrive don't need a transom assembly and vice versa.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 526 Likes on 313 Posts

Since you're asking. IMHO, I think it's going to be one of those deals where you're going to have to bite the bullet and post an ad for the items individually at prices you think you need out of each item.
Then let the market decide. If they sell, they sell, or not.
I don't think there will be a big interest in a package.

And even so they have to be priced at fraction of new.
There's no reason for someone to give say even 90 or 95% of what they can go out and get the stuff done firsthand for.
Depreciation, hassle and whatnot.
They need a good price incentive.

The Ilmor brings a whole other level of uniqueness.
I have no idea as to the demand of those.
But for the sake of discussion let's say someone buys it, has issues right off the bat, then they have to go through you, then the rebuilder maybe. As you're the one who had the work done.
So IMO that depreciates that.
If he thinks it's worth a certain amount, test him and ask him what he'd give you for it.

Lastly as you've just had all that work done.
You might be money ahead to reassemble the boat and sell it as is. Then buy a outboard boat if that's what you want.
My 2 cent logic. FWIW