Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Another Morse Docking Light Question….. >

Another Morse Docking Light Question…..

Notices

Another Morse Docking Light Question…..

Old 05-27-2022, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Another Morse Docking Light Question…..

All, have the old school Morse docking lights with the metal retaining ring on the inside. Got the ring off and for the life of me, can’t get the bulb or the eyeball to push backwards to remove for replacement…..the rear plastic cover cracked while removing(repairable). However, since it’s all plastic, don’t want to destroy the housing but seems like it will not budge. Any ideas?

Old 05-30-2022, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Turns out, when my boat was restored/sprayed, while the housings were removed and painted separately from the hull……The eye wasn’t removed from the housing before being sprayed. A razor blade scoring the outside edge and a few good hits with a dead blow hammer popped the eye out for replacement. Sharing should this help someone else in the future.

Last edited by Formula_272_SR1; 05-30-2022 at 04:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DrFeelgood (05-31-2022)
Old 03-30-2024, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default morse docking lights

Thanks for posting. My docking lights are Morse type-c. They look like the pic you posted from the outside. On the inside it is a metal housing with a metal ring with 8 screws in it. I removed that and beneath it was a gasket. I pried that out. Now does the eyeball get pushed in or out? I tried to move it but it was pretty much frozen. I am going to try some spray silicon so I can at least move it. Just dont want to break anything.

Thanks for any advice.
Captks