Notices

Distributer advance

Old 05-28-2022, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood
"Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?"
so it is truth ewerywere in the world is the same story...lowe you guys...newer mind i'll tell her she was wrong just so i can feel beter.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Oh. Don’t tell her she’s wrong. Just say you disagree with a nice soft tone and comment on how nice her new shoes look.

I’m full of good advice today.
here is my plan...i'll tell her she was wrong just before bed time so we will not hawe time to fight...is the plan aproved by SB
Old 05-28-2022, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 972 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by Zole
here is my plan...i'll tell her she was wrong just before bed time so we will not hawe time to fight...is the plan aproved by SB
Please come back tomorrow and let us know how that worked out for you.
The following users liked this post:
SB (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 09:35 AM
Registered

Please come back tomorrow and let us know how that worked out for you.
hahahaha...yeah we all know how it will go...but i got what i needed last night so i can aford a bit of fight.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:43 AM
Registered

hahahaha...yeah we all know how it will go...but i got what i needed last night so i can aford a bit of fight.
just one more question regarding advance....why do i don't want mechanical advance and need electrik advance...what is the diferenc...advance is advance
Old 05-28-2022, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,472 Posts

Just because we have a Dipstick in the white house don't assume the rest of us are........
The following 2 users liked this post by F-2 Speedy:
SB (06-30-2022), ThisIsLivin (06-09-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Just because we have a Dipstick in the white house don't assume the rest of us are........
...god bless america
The following users liked this post:
SB (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 972 Likes on 442 Posts

just one more question regarding advance....why do i don't want mechanical advance and need electrik advance...what is the diferenc...advance is advance
You don't "need" electronic advance. But vacuum advance is not going to be the right way to get mechanical advance.
You can use weights to gain timing advance in a purely mechanical distributor. Higher rpm, weights move outwards, timing advances. Vacuum advance is a variation of mechanical advance intended for automobile use, where times of high manifold vacuum / low load (highway driving) can see increased fuel economy with changes in timing. Those conditions don't really exist in a boat.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:36 AM
Registered

You don't "need" electronic advance. But vacuum advance is not going to be the right way to get mechanical advance.
You can use weights to gain timing advance in a purely mechanical distributor. Higher rpm, weights move outwards, timing advances. Vacuum advance is a variation of mechanical advance intended for automobile use, where times of high manifold vacuum / low load (highway driving) can see increased fuel economy with changes in timing. Those conditions don't really exist in a boat.
oooo that's right...in boat i'll newer have a situation where im cruising on 3000rpm and trotle blades allmost closed what means lean mixture high vacum max advance...right
Old 05-28-2022, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Heres a few words of experience for what your doing: thats a speedmaster distributor they sell for under 100$, IDC about the marine rated or not BUT I will say the internal module they use is a very cheap, Chinese one and if it came with its own pce coil, its garbage too. So, if you choose to run it, Id swap the module in it for a accel or dui version. Id also loctite the screws that hold rotor on . Now lets talk about the drive gear, if its the pce/speedmaster its a weird shiny bluish black and will wear fast and scallop your cam fairly quick, get rid of it and use a melonited or phosphate coated, whatever gear that matches you cam, even if cam has a iron gear.
As far as timing/timing advance, that "stock" style large cap distributor will allow about 24 degrees of advance so keep that in mind wherever you set the base, Smitty
The following 3 users liked this post by articfriends:
DrFeelgood (05-28-2022), F-2 Speedy (05-28-2022), ThisIsLivin (06-09-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.