Engine mount help needed please.

Notices

Engine mount help needed please.

Old 02-10-2023, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeyboost
That's what I was thinking would be necessary I assume the side bolt through the stringer I want to sleeve as well so it doesn't crush into the stringer?.
Joey,

I don't think you're gonna crush the stringer with a side plate of any real size, but a permanent sleeve in the cross holes is an absolute must in my opinion. find a CF tube that your stringer bolts will pass through and epoxy/glass them in where your stringer saddle go, and there will be no opportunity for water intrusion.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 02-10-2023, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 335 Likes on 158 Posts

Why don't you use an offshore style mount and through bolt the stringer?

Put an aluminum plate on the back side of the stringer, and then install an angle on the front with through bolts connecting the two? Then you bolt the off shore mount to the angle.
The following users liked this post:
Joeyboost (02-16-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF

What does CF sleeve mean?

QUOTE=Brad Christy;4858994]Joey,

I don't think you're gonna crush the stringer with a side plate of any real size, but a permanent sleeve in the cross holes is an absolute must in my opinion. find a CF tube that your stringer bolts will pass through and epoxy/glass them in where your stringer saddle go, and there will be no opportunity for water intrusion.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991[/QUOTE]
Old 08-26-2023, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by EricO
What does CF sleeve mean?

QUOTE=Brad Christy;4858994]Joey,

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
[/QUOTE]
EricO,

Carbon Fiber.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF

thank you. Thinking of doing the same for mine.

gonna use 1/2 think galvanized angle brackets with the Machine flat screws. Do you mount the motor mount to the flat screw bolts first the lone up to bracket to make the hole through the side of the stringer?

EricO,

Carbon Fiber.

Thanks. Brad.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-29-2023, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

When I built mine I cut out the plates then drilled the holes in a drill press through both plates at once. Then when I welded the plates up I used a thick wall sleeve, got a piece of threaded rod and slipped it thought the sleeve and the engine plate then tacked the sleeve to the plate. Slid it over the stringer and it was a guide for the drill bit through the stringer so it couldn't walk.
I used 3/8" plate, yes it isnt the lightest but I drilled and tapped the plate for 1/2" stainless studs for the engine mounts to slide over.