Notices

Installing motors

Old 05-09-2023, 02:06 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by PQ290Enticer
Lol!!! Lift with your knees
Quote from Wally: "Get a grease pencil and mark the nuts/bolts that you have tightened so you have a visual on what you have touched so nothing gets missed or forgotten if this is your first time doing this."
I just went through this and I didn't mark a thing and missed 2 oil line fittings that it looks like I didn't even try to tighten. Had to pull the back seat to get to them.

Happens to the best of us! I once forgot to put the main feed line from the through hull to the seawater pump back on! Lucky it was only one of the two engines and not both.....lets just say when i saw both bilge pumps running i instantly remembered what was going on and never have I backed a trailer back down a ramp as fast as that! LOL

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following users liked this post:
PQ290Enticer (05-09-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Good question. Some good responses already.

Here's a few more items that may or may not apply to your situation.
Remove every wood screw and apply 3M 5200/4200 sealant to threads and re-install. Especially the ones you cannot get to with eng installed.
If bilge pump is not accessible with eng in, now is the time if you have any doubts abt it.
If you have a flaky depth finder transducer installed under eng, now is the time.
Replace bilge blower and hoses as needed.
If you have large fiber washers and "lock washers" (look like short springs) between bell housing and inner transom plate, tape them in place with masking tape. Once eng is in, push the 2 long bolts thru the tape.
Get some extra decent quality hose clamps. I like to use 2 everywhere I can, but especially on the hose at transom that feeds raw water pump. Buddy had that hose come off and almost lost the boat.
The following users liked this post:
j272 (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 477 Likes on 277 Posts

Takes 10x longer than taking them out!
Old 05-15-2023, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 4,917 Likes on 1,389 Posts
Wink

get a skinny friend ..

maybe a bob cat

A helper ..

two helpers always better than one ...:-)

The following 2 users liked this post by ICDEDPPL:
resurrected (05-16-2023), sonicss42 (05-15-2023)