Mercruiser 454 Mag Reversion? >

Mercruiser 454 Mag Reversion?

Notices

Mercruiser 454 Mag Reversion?

Old 04-02-2024, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
I'd worry that his gaskets are dumping alot of water.marko,do you remember what style exhaust riser gasket that came off?
I have many pictures with my engine project, but no picture of old gaskets.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:33 AM
Registered

Found this from other topic, and i have number 2 cooling system, so i have ro change gaskets one more time to restrictor ones: I FOUND THIS MERC BULLETIN:
1) Raw water cooled engines with all the water from the thermostat housing going to the 90-degree fitting on bottom of the exhaust manifold:
Use P/N 27-863726 Gasket – 4 Slot between the exhaust manifold and the exhaust elbow.

2) Raw water cooled engines with the bypass water from the thermostat housing going to the fitting on the exhaust elbow and the warm water from the thermostat housing going to the 90-degree fitting on bottom of the exhaust manifold:
Use P/N 27-863724 Gasket – Restrictor between the exhaust manifold and the exhaust elbow.
Old 04-09-2024, 01:29 AM
Registered

Chanhe those:

to these