Notices

ECU error code 81?

Old 05-28-2024, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
I edited my comment slightly, IF you go back and look at the 16 things for a code 81 on a mefi4a I used for example , you will notice ONLY injector related ones have a check mark in corner so in THAT particular tune, the only thing that WOULD throw a code 81 WOULD be injector related so my initial answer is somewhat INCORRECT but I will still say its most likely in the harness as the ecm cant tell IF a injector itself is not operating correctly mechanically as far as flow and I doubt it would throw that code fr 1 out of the four being unplugged in batch a or b (broken connector)
thank you so much. Would it be crazy to run the engine at speed and test it? Could it be the ECU acting up?? Grasping for straws, l know.
Old 06-09-2024, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Closing out this thread.
It turns out my Mefi 4 was throwing false codes (2 code 81s: low voltage injector bank A, and low voltage injector bank B).
Both injector banks tested and had normal voltage, the engine ran perfectly while the codes were active.
I could not get the codes to clear with the TechMate.
i replaced the ECU with a remanufactured Mefi 3 from OBD diagnostics, and everything works great now.

An added bonus is that the Mefi 3 cured a stalling problem i had while throttling back… I guess the Mefi 4 wasn’t set up to catch a falling idle when throttling back.
The following users liked this post:
articfriends (06-09-2024)