Notices

Exhaust tips

Old 06-25-2024, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust tips

What’s up guys. So I’m gonna swap out exhaust tips on my boat, currently has what appears to be muffled tips and I want it a little louder. I boat on a large lake with no houses nearby and majority of boats on the water are powerboats and cats so it’s not unusual. Just wanna make sure what I’m changing to isn’t gonna cause any problems with reliability or let any extra water back up the exhaust. I’ve read alot of info on the job itself and I’m pretty confident on doing the job myself just wanna make sure I’m using the right equipment. Thanks guys. Btw boat is 2005 23’ genesis extreme walk thru 496 mag bravo one

Last edited by Dentdude1; 06-25-2024 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Registered

Idk why but it’s not letting me post pics. Says I can’t until I reach 10 post 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 06-25-2024, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 537 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Dentdude1
What’s up guys. So I’m gonna swap out exhaust tips on my boat, currently has what appears to be muffled tips and I want it a little louder. I boat on a large lake with no houses nearby and majority of boats on the water are powerboats and cats so it’s not unusual. Just wanna make sure what I’m changing to isn’t gonna cause any problems with reliability or let any extra water back up the exhaust. I’ve read alot of info on the job itself and I’m pretty confident on doing the job myself just wanna make sure I’m using the right equipment. Thanks guys. Btw boat is 2005 23’ genesis extreme walk thru 496 mag bravo one
You will be fine just changing tips, but I would probably have the external flappers on them or have an internal flapper on the tips. I did a search to see a image of that boat and in some of the pics it looks as if the exhaust is really low on the transom. Without seeing the exhaust in the engine bay I would at least recommend the external flappers and if you want to dress up the flappers on the tips, I would suggest the Hardin Marine SS flappers.
Old 06-25-2024, 10:31 PM
Registered

Current tips have rubber flaps. Been looking at Eddie marine with internal flaps. Would that work you think? Tried posting pics but won’t let me 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 06-26-2024, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I went the opposite direction on mine. Had internal flappers but wanted quieter so installed tips with muffler in them. I think they look a bit better than the clamp on style but then I had to go and install external flappers on the new tips anyway! I think as long as you have flappers one way or another you will be good

On a similar note, do turndowns need flappers?
Old 06-26-2024, 05:21 PM
Registered

I’m thinking about installing Eddie marine straight ss tips with internal flappers. Tried posting pics but won’t let me yet lol
Old 06-26-2024, 07:56 PM
Registered

If you're fine with angled tips I have a pair of Eddie marine 4" part #100-80 (with internal flappers) I'll let go for $100+shipping
Old 07-02-2024, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Internal flappers are the way to go. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2024, 07:55 AM
Registered

I ordered straight tips with internal flappers by corsa. Wanted the straight tips because I can always add a muffler at a later date if I decide but I can always run a pair of the rubber flappers too for added protection. My tips are mounted very low, even with bottom of transom so need all the protection I can get. Thanks guys
Old 07-02-2024, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dentdude1
I ordered straight tips with internal flappers by corsa. Wanted the straight tips because I can always add a muffler at a later date if I decide but I can always run a pair of the rubber flappers too for added protection. My tips are mounted very low, even with bottom of transom so need all the protection I can get. Thanks guys
Those will serve you well, I also switched to straight tips for external flappers hope they treat you well
The following users liked this post:
Dentdude1 (07-02-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.