oil cooler thermostat setup

Notices

oil cooler thermostat setup

Old 07-06-2024, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oil cooler thermostat setup

Hello,
I have a Gen 6 540 and looking to install a completed oil cooling system. I'm starting from scratch; I need everything including remote oil filter and hoses. I'm looking to see different set-ups that everyone is running.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 07-06-2024, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts

This is what i use, not a remote filter system but clean and simple. 190f built in thermostat. https://3cgarage.com/products/thermo...ig-block-chevy
Old 07-06-2024, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd suggest spending some time researching what the experts say when it comes to oil temps, and base your final system on that information. There's a lot of misconceptions especially in the marine world. If you start running a big engine in a boat and don't allow some temp to accumulate in the oil after a short period of time the oil doesn't look or smell right. I installed big coolers and then after my oil never got warm enough I added the T-stats off Hardin's site. Short version is I have 2 big coolers and 2 T-stats in boxes and don't really worry about oil temps in the mid 200s. I do however only run Brad Penn oil.
Old 07-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 175 Posts

I run an improved racing thermostatic filter base with 12AN hoses. The t-stats can be changed in a couple minutes without a mess to dial in your desired temp. I've got this running with a Hardin 13 plate box cooler on a 800hp whipple supercharged 500ci engine.