Cutting out both motors when trying to plane out on P-29 >

Cutting out both motors when trying to plane out on P-29

Notices

Cutting out both motors when trying to plane out on P-29

Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 648 Likes on 305 Posts

Not to mention QT 93 has Ethanol. FQT is my opinion. They control the fuel prices in Tulsa.
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 697 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Not to mention QT 93 has Ethanol. FQT is my opinion. They control the fuel prices in Tulsa.
Quinlan,

Who has any fuel without ethanol other than Rec90?

If QT "controls" the fuel prices in Tulsa like they do in Dayton, be thankful. They are always the cheapest anywhere in the area, and usually by double digits.

Thanks. Brad.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 558 Posts

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Easy way to find Ethanol free fuels near you.
Also, it is NOT recommended to mix Ethanol and NON-Ethanol fuel. This was told to me by a race mechanic with way more knowledge than me. He said stick with one or the other.
I didn't have any issues running E-10 Ethanol 87/89 in my stock Mercury motors; AS LONG AS I kept the fuel treated with Star-Tron. It's best out there to stabilize Ethanol fuel in boats to keep it from absorbing moisture.
Old Today, 06:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 648 Likes on 305 Posts

You can find several locations here in Tulsa and around the lake w 91 No Corn.

As for QT- In Tulsa they are the main player here. What they set pricing at everyone else follows.
QT has a store in Claremore- bout 20 miles outside Tulsa- Always $.05 cheaper.
I have family in OKC and their fuel is always cheaper than Tulsa. QT is just starting their 2nd store in OKC.
And when they raise prices, it is 10 to 20 Cents per gallon- then they trickle back down a penny at a time.

And Yes, Tulsa has some of the cheapest fuel in the country usually. And my Wife Hates every time I Beeeeetch about it
Granted we are talking pennies but when you add it up for all the fuel they sell, and I buy- well $$$$.
Of course, my fleet of trucks hit QT every morning so guys can get breakfast and Fuel

Very sorry to derail they original thread.
Old Today, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

You can find several locations here in Tulsa and around the lake w 91 No Corn.

As for QT- In Tulsa they are the main player here. What they set pricing at everyone else follows.
QT has a store in Claremore- bout 20 miles outside Tulsa- Always $.05 cheaper.
I have family in OKC and their fuel is always cheaper than Tulsa. QT is just starting their 2nd store in OKC.
And when they raise prices, it is 10 to 20 Cents per gallon- then they trickle back down a penny at a time.

And Yes, Tulsa has some of the cheapest fuel in the country usually. And my Wife Hates every time I Beeeeetch about it
Granted we are talking pennies but when you add it up for all the fuel they sell, and I buy- well $$$$.
Of course, my fleet of trucks hit QT every morning so guys can get breakfast and Fuel

Very sorry to derail they original thread.
Quinlan,

That's our Rec90 around us. Pretty much everything else, gasoline-wise, has alcohol.

I've hit the roller grill at our QT many times. Probably why it takes me longer to get up on my slalom than it used to.

Thanks. Brad.
Old Today, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just called the QT here in Rolla to double check they said it is ethanol free.

my next idea is put it on the trailer Sunday. Bring it home drain some fuel out of the tank. Take it to my local little lake( little prairie Lake ) Leave it on the trailer put the ass end the water and run it in gear. See if it clears up.
Old Today, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last late October/November was the first time I didn’t fill it up in 13years I just ran the marvel mystery oil in the remaining 20 gallons on the way to the trailer .I was rushing to get ready other boat ready for KeyWest. Sounds like water I’ll never do that again I’ll fill it. We will see next week. I just want to get a ride in before I have to put it back up lol.
Old Today, 09:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nova26
Last late October/November was the first time I didn’t fill it up in 13years I just ran the marvel mystery oil in the remaining 20 gallons on the way to the trailer .I was rushing to get ready other boat ready for KeyWest. Sounds like water I’ll never do that again I’ll fill it. We will see next week. I just want to get a ride in before I have to put it back up lol.
Nova,

I do the exact opposite. Since I keep our boat in my shop, I don't winterize it. But I run 90-95% of the gas out of it and dump a bunch of Sta-Bil in it for the winter. Then, come springtime, I fill it up, run that entire tank out 90-95% again, and I'm good to go.

Thanks. Brad.
The following users liked this post:
nova26 (Today)