Front center bolster for the 38ZR? >

Front center bolster for the 38ZR?

Notices

Front center bolster for the 38ZR?

Old 01-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front center bolster for the 38ZR?

Will Donzi do a front center bolster on the new 38ZR? Also from guys that own this boat now. What options do you recommend from Donzi? Are there ones you got that you wish you didn't? Are there any you regret not doing? How much "custom" stuff will Donzi do from the factory? Thanks for your help, just trying to do some research so I don't buy the wrong boat.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Registered

Default Re: Front center bolster for the 38ZR?

Donzi will go about as custom as your pocket book these days. I am not sure about the front center bolster, your nearest dealer will have to check with the factory on that one, but I don't think it'll happen. I haven't been on enough of them to help you out on options, but I do think I would have them eliminate the stereo so that I could have my own system installed.

Corey
Old 01-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Registered

I have been on two so far and driven one of them in LOTO and you can't go wrong. If you want the boat to go as fast as it can with the 525's then keep the cabin simple - Don't get the v-berth and opt for storage instead of the head. You will see low to mid 90's. If you have a wife and kids that need the head, sinks, AC, generator and so on. Then I would upgrade to the 600SCI's and you can still achieve the low 90's.

Alex
Old 01-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by alamping
I have been on two so far and driven one of them in LOTO and you can't go wrong. If you want the boat to go as fast as it can with the 525's then keep the cabin simple - Don't get the v-berth and opt for storage instead of the head. You will see low to mid 90's. If you have a wife and kids that need the head, sinks, AC, generator and so on. Then I would upgrade to the 600SCI's and you can still achieve the low 90's.

Alex
I am thinking I am going to get the Ilmor 625hp. They are telling me with this setup it will run low 90s no matter how much fuel or people are on board. With the right props almost 100. I need the v-birth, toilet for the kids. I do not want AC or generator. I have not had good luck with generators in boats. So you were impressed with the ride?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered

Yes I was impressed with the ride and handling. She ran 80+mph at 3500rpm's with 525's. I am building one like my 38 Daytona and I am going with the 600SCI's because I want 600HP and 625ibs of torque all the time - regardless of temperature, humidity and so on. I have heard and witness both the 525's and Ilmor 625's not being consistent with high humidity and temperatures.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes I was impressed with the ride and handling. She ran 80+mph at 3500rpm's with 525's. I am building one like my 38 Daytona and I am going with the 600SCI's because I want 600HP and 625ibs of torque all the time - regardless of temperature, humidity and so on. I have heard and witness both the 525's and Ilmor 625's not being consistent with high humidity and temperatures.
I had not heard this about the Ilmors. I would have thought with the supercharged 600s you would have bigger swings with temps. I have had many turbo cars and they would vary as much as 2-4 lbs in boost from summer to winter temps.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

I had turbos in cars too but, the difference with these new 600SCi's being supercharged the key is the new computer chip. It has built in tools like a barometer and so on that runs analysis of the environment and makes adjustments to the motors that make them produce constantly 600hp and 625ibs of torque all the time regardless if it's a hot muggy day or if you are at high altitude or not. That's what sold me. I boat in the mid-west and it gets hot and sticky and if I invested all this money in power into a boat I want the boat to run in top form all the time not when conditions are right. But that's just me.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had turbos in cars too but, the difference with these new 600SCi's being supercharged the key is the new computer chip. It has built in tools like a barometer and so on that runs analysis of the environment and makes adjustments to the motors that make them produce constantly 600hp and 625ibs of torque all the time regardless if it's a hot muggy day or if you are at high altitude or not. That's what sold me. I boat in the mid-west and it gets hot and sticky and if I invested all this money in power into a boat I want the boat to run in top form all the time not when conditions are right. But that's just me.
So you have the Merc 600s? What boat are they in? What kind of speeds are you seeing? Have you been happy with them on a daily basis? How long have you had them? Sorry for so many questions, but I want to make an informed choice. Thanks Mike
Old 01-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Registered

I haven't taken delivery yet. I am in the process of building another custom boat from Donzi. It is a 38ZR and I am going with the 600SCi's for power. They wanted me to be the first 38ZR boat with the Ilmor 625's but, after considering all the reviews and performance of the Ilmor's and comparing them to the 600SCi's and being they are equal in power and torque - I didn't feel comfortable enough with the only drives available with the Ilmor's were the Teague Platinum Drives and that they were still working on the service network for the package. Not that I haven't ventured in uncommon power and drive package's before (My 38 Daytona has Innovation Marines 650hp for power and B-MAX drives) I felt the Mercury Racing power and drive package is a proved set-up and the fact that I would always get the same performance power regardless of conditions was my final determining factor. Plus the fact the 525's are understated in power and they were running 90-92mph I didn't think the Ilmor's had the cost justification.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 348 Likes on 121 Posts

I haven't taken delivery yet. I am in the process of building another custom boat from Donzi. It is a 38ZR and I am going with the 600SCi's for power. They wanted me to be the first 38ZR boat with the Ilmor 625's but, after considering all the reviews and performance of the Ilmor's and comparing them to the 600SCi's and being they are equal in power and torque - I didn't feel comfortable enough with the only drives available with the Ilmor's were the Teague Platinum Drives and that they were still working on the service network for the package. Not that I haven't ventured in uncommon power and drive package's before (My 38 Daytona has Innovation Marines 650hp for power and B-MAX drives) I felt the Mercury Racing power and drive package is a proved set-up and the fact that I would always get the same performance power regardless of conditions was my final determining factor. Plus the fact the 525's are understated in power and they were running 90-92mph I didn't think the Ilmor's had the cost justification.

What'sthe diff in costs for the 600's over the 525's?

Quick Reply: Front center bolster for the 38ZR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.