WOT Trim Settings >

WOT Trim Settings

Notices

WOT Trim Settings

Old 08-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT Trim Settings

I know this is a bit of a abstract/cursed question to ask due to changing water conditions/etc., but just looking for some feedback. I have a 35ZR with 496ho's and 380 k-planes and am wondering where others are generally trimming out at WOT. At WOT I'm finding with a bit of tab my boat is really liking to get way trimmed out up near six and beyond. After burning some fuel we have gotten her over 80. Just curious how others are running? Thanks in advance...
Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered

Looking for advice, somone's got to have a 35ZR out there...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Get Down
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pirata
I know this is a bit of a abstract/cursed question to ask due to changing water conditions/etc., but just looking for some feedback. I have a 35ZR with 496ho's and 380 k-planes and am wondering where others are generally trimming out at WOT. At WOT I'm finding with a bit of tab my boat is really liking to get way trimmed out up near six and beyond. After burning some fuel we have gotten her over 80. Just curious how others are running? Thanks in advance...
You really shouldn't be running at Wot w/ the tabs below level in fact they should be above level at WOT. With boat on the trailer check to make sure the gauge reads where the tabs are indicating level. It doesn't seem the boat should run faster w/ the tabs burried?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered

Thanks, my tabs are not burried at all. I'm running them way above neutral with just a notch down from being fully up which seems to help level the boat at speeds. I've had performance boats for years, but was really curious about how other peoples zr's and their sweet spot with the drives. I was just surprised at how much my boat liked to get trimmed out with the drives. My past vee's were different animals, so I'm just curious.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you're just about where you should be...spped, trim etc. Oh yeah, careful with those 380 k-planes. That's alot of tab for that boat.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Registered

On my 38ZX Daytona, if I trim out way too far say at 7 or 8 on the gauge, I'll start to trip the rev limiters. You'll see the rpm's start jumping up and down once you hit 5200. Then you just bring it back down until the rpm's even out. I trim mine at 5 for WOT and with 225 gallons of gas I will hit 75, and this is with 500 EFI's
Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pirata
Thanks, my tabs are not burried at all. I'm running them way above neutral with just a notch down from being fully up which seems to help level the boat at speeds. I've had performance boats for years, but was really curious about how other peoples zr's and their sweet spot with the drives. I was just surprised at how much my boat liked to get trimmed out with the drives. My past vee's were different animals, so I'm just curious.
My Fountain is the same way. I run the tabs around '2' on the indicators and a touch over 4 on the drive. I think it has something to do with the run angle and what's called the "ground effect lift" or words to that effect. On my boat, 2 is about parallel with the water and since it's so close to the water, a small amount of stern lift is introduced, thereby adding some speed. At least this is what I've been told and it seems to make sense. Also try trimming up a bit and bumping it down and seeing what your GPS registers (if you have one, give it a few seconds to change)
Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Thanks guys.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:51 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would take off the large K planes and put on the smaller ones for a test if you can. I bet you pick up a few MPH with the smaller ones.

Jon