Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice >

From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Notices

From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Old 09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are jokes already made the right choice donzi vs baja and donzi all the way . I am not going to bad mouth Donzi in any way but in all fairness you need to compare the 2 boats. And i can Name 1000s of Happy 25 ft Outlaw owners. Might be considered the best sports boat ever made for the money.Baja are very reliable have a huge amount of owners you truly support one another. I know this from owning them. Now for the Donzi i have been in quite a few and the very nice boats and a litttle faster than the Baja with the same power but for 20k diff i can sure make up that speed and more and i can stand in the cabin. That would be the 26 outlaw and 26 Donzi price diff with same options.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by stevez
You guys are jokes already made the right choice donzi vs baja and donzi all the way . I am not going to bad mouth Donzi in any way but in all fairness you need to compare the 2 boats. And i can Name 1000s of Happy 25 ft Outlaw owners. Might be considered the best sports boat ever made for the money.Baja are very reliable have a huge amount of owners you truly support one another. I know this from owning them. Now for the Donzi i have been in quite a few and the very nice boats and a litttle faster than the Baja with the same power but for 20k diff i can sure make up that speed and more and i can stand in the cabin. That would be the 26 outlaw and 26 Donzi price diff with same options.

Seven posts and a member for 9 months, owner of a bow-rider Baja lake boat making comments, but not wanting to bad-mouth ("you guys are jokes") on an offshore boat forum about true offshore boats like a Donzi?...........Hmmmmm.....
You can name 'thousands' of happy 25 Outlaw owners? Must be a lot of them out there in Waterloo, Iowa.
As far as Baja owners supporting one another, that's true. So do Cigarette, Donzi, Active Thunder, Fountain, and Skater owners..... and the list goes on.
Taking the step to a Donzi from a Baja is a good one. It's a better built boat, and worth the extra money at purchase (and resale) time. There are those that will throw the extra 20 grand at a Baja to get it up to speed. It's money you will be unlikely to get back.
Bajas are a decent mass-produced, dealer-networked boat for the target market that the enormous conglomerate that owns them (Brunswick) set their sights on. It works for their Bayliner, Lowe, Lund, Crestliner, SeaRay, and Maxum sales too. Nothing wrong with that- just good business sense on their part!
Sorry, but I can't name ANY Donzi, Cig, Formula, AT, Pantera, Fountain, Hustler, etc.... owners that have taken the 'plunge' to "move up" to a Baja- and I've been around offshores for quite a long time now. Maybe 'stevez' and others, know something I don't...wouldn't be the first time, or the last.
My last boat was an Active Thunder (I'd own another in a heartbeat), and Donzi certainly wouldn't be off the list. I'm sorry if it offends others, and certainly it will, but a Baja is not on the short (or long) list.
Bottom line- I think anyone making a jump from a Baja H2x to a Donzi 26ZX is going to be one happy fella- it's a different animal in so many ways.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO.. I will not name any boat names I will try to keep "politically correct".. Almost all performance boats are built well these days..
One could look at it this way some perf boats are like built like:

1. A Corvete (nice flashy & built well for the job and nothing to really bash).

2. Some are built like a hot rod (cool & very powerful & some attention to detail, but still lack some things that some cars have).

3. Others are built like a Porsche or Ferrari (cool, very well built & can eat up anything the track may throw at it with ease in comparison to the other cars in that race, with rare exception.)

All of these cars are cool, but they are all made differently & they all will provide some different results along with different costs..

Hopefully that came off like intended & explained without offending anyone.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 09-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered

Very PC indeed 33. I thought the AMC Pacer was cool too, but I wouldn't own one.........I've driven everything from the H2X to the 29 outlaw, owned a 28zx for three years, they are not in the same league. Donzi makes a much better boat, you get what you pay for
Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

Jamie,
Very well put. Guess that's why I race a Porsche when I'm not on the lake in my Donzi
They are both rock solid, take the abuse I throw at them & come back for more!

Last edited by JW in Texas; 09-12-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:18 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

And i can Name 1000s of Happy 25 ft Outlaw owners. Might be considered the best sports boat ever made for the money.
okay, I'll call you and raise it a bar...

name 10 right here and now, then i'll be nice and give you a day to name 100, and then i'll be really nice and give you 2 days to name the rest of the 1000's... I call BS.

JH
Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
okay, I'll call you and raise it a bar...

name 10 right here and now, then i'll be nice and give you a day to name 100, and then i'll be really nice and give you 2 days to name the rest of the 1000's... I call BS.

JH
Visit TBM ... you just might be surprised

Regarding "you get what you pay for" ..... the same goes for advice
Old 09-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered

Default HEY BUIZILLA are u kidding me

GO on over to TBM and read anything on the baja 25 outlaw and you will nothing but good reviews or do a simple search for Baja 25 outlaw reviews. Nowi know that might be above yor education level to read but i am sure you can find someone to do that for you. Heys a llittle truth to you guys about your so called better boats.:Yep, all the BS on other sites about the inferiority of Baja boats gets under my skin also. I just love it when someone gleefully says that their 32 Dom will outrun a 33 Outlaw, or a 29 Fountain will outrun a 30 Outlaw, ad infinitum. That stuff just gives me a chance to throw some real-world comparison in their pompous faces.
Fact is, I really believe that the reason many of the naysayers bad-mouth Baja is because we Baja owners spent WAY less $$ for the curb appeal, good performance and handling, parts availability, etc. than they did for their "superior" brand boats.
If they don't bad-mouth Baja, they look pretty foolish for throwing that extra money out the door.
Funny, it seems like almost every older Cig has had at least the transom replaced if not some stringers also. But I don't hear one single bad word about Cig Mistress or Cafe Racers.
As for me, I get just as many compliments on my Baja as they do their "superior" brand, or so I would assume.
Let's be truthful. Compare wetted surface (length of hull) weight, horsepower, steps or no, and Baja comes out pretty good compared to the other guys.
I have considered going to a Hustler or the likes a couple of times, but I always find it makes more sense to stay with Baja.
Funny story--Last Saturday after the LC poker run, I was running back to the marina at around 65-70, and a Scarab 31 was gong the opposit way, saw me, and started an immediate turn towards me. I slowed down to about 40 so he could catch me, and when he caught up, we ran virtually neck and neck at around 70-72. The look on his face was priceless. In fact, if I hadn't just topped off the tank(185 gal.), I would have blown him away!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking now that I will keep the 33, (everybody knows that they are inferior in every way anyhow), up the power to around 600 each side, and really blow almost everyone away!!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

Default Heres one you go read the rest .

was drawn to performance boating because of Baja. I have always loved the looks and styling of them.

When I got serious about buying a performance boat I also looked at donzi, formula, fountain and simply did not like them. On the second time around I considered them all again but guess what??? I still don't like them!!! And it has nothing to do with price. (If it did, I probably would have bought a Formula at 0% my payment would have been a lot less).

I am happy with my second Baja and would definitely buy a third someday if I could. I am proud to say that I own a Baja whether I am talking to someone that doesn't know boats or someone that owns a Nortech. My dream boat would be an Outerlimits but if I had that kind of money, I would probably want a Baja too!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered

Default Heres another

He started with a 25 Outlaw, had it for a couple of years.. then the 29 Fountain. He said that the 25 OL was twice the boat for ride quality compared to the 29 Fountain, sold it and bought the bigger one.
I think he just wanted to stick with Fountain because it WAS a Fountain if you know what I mean.
This year, he has sold the Fountain and bought a cat of some kind. He told me the name but I can't remember off hand at the moment.

Quick Reply: From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.