From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice >

From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Notices

From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Old 09-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heres another off your own oss site

Actually the Baja is lighter, 4750 lbs. vs. 5150 lbs. for the Fountain.
Fountain website lists the 27 with the 496 HO at 68+ mph. If thats the case I can't imagine the Outlaw being any slower than that. I have a friend with a 25 Outlaw that we take out off the coast at Southport and beat the living sh@t out of it and it hasn't had a single problem.
I personally will take the more attractive and cost effective Outlaw.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Default Now i can go on for days with these.

But my guess would be you know how to use a search button.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Registered

Default Sorry heres another to good not to post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading through the various Baja vs. (insert brand) threads on OSO and other sites, I have decided to sell my Baja. Before you jump to conclusions, please read why below.

1) They ride terrible; I was always under the assumption that a good ride meant comfort and stability in rough water, I did not realize it meant getting bounced around and on the edge of loosing it.

2) The build quality is terrible, once again I always thought my boat was of very good quality since I have never had any problems out of any of the Baja boats I have owned (engine is another story) but now that everyone has told me that the only way to get a quality product is to buy a more expensive product I have decided to sell both my Baja and Tag Heuer watch and replace them with a Rolex and an Outerlimits. We all know those two brands have never had any problems since they cost a small fortune. All I need to do is put my plan in motion to rig the lottery so I can spend more money.

3) My boat is too slow; I always thought that when compared to similar sized, weight and powered boats, that Baja was on the same playing field. Now I realize that the only fast boats are those that weigh less than Nicole Richie and have step bottoms. Well, now I guess that those are slow too, better get me a Cat.

4) My boat has terrible resale value; this one was hard to swallow. Since I almost made money on my 20 and did fine on my 245 I figured that buying a third Baja would be a better choice than some since they had such a large following. Forget the fact they cost 20-30% less than other brands the same size. Also forget the fact the 25 Outlaw is one of the most popular single engine go fast boats out there. Now it seems that there are actually boats out there that appreciate instead of depreciate, I will go buy one of those.

5) The only boats in poor condition are used Bajas. It is amazing; I have learned on OSO that other brands look great regardless of how they are maintained. Plus, this one guy has a cousin who saw his boss’s, sister’s neighbor’s uncles Baja and it was in really bad shape.

6) Finally, I was told that 25 Outlaws are Tacos. Now, this was news to me since I have yet to find any corn or flower in my boat but I have noticed the Mexicans down the road always stare at it so it must be true. Surely I can find a hamburger to own instead. I am still trying to find out in what way my 25 is a Taco. I guess since just about everyone likes Tacos, that may be a good thing?

Hopefully you got a good giggle out of this. It just shows how stupid comparison threads can be and how useless they really are when shopping for a boat. The only thing they prove is that opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one and some are worse than others.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by stevez
Nowi know that might be above yor education level to read but i am sure you can find someone to do that for you. Heys a llittle truth to you guys about your so called better boats.
Education levels? I'm guessing Nowi = Now I, yor = your, Heys = here's, llittle = little

This Baja owner really has his feathers ruffled.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by stevez
That stuff just gives me a chance to throw some real-world comparison in their pompous faces.
Fact is, I really believe that the reason many of the naysayers bad-mouth Baja is because we Baja owners spent WAY less $$ for the curb appeal, good performance and handling, parts availability, etc. than they did for their "superior" brand boats.
If they don't bad-mouth Baja, they look pretty foolish for throwing that extra money out the door.
Funny, it seems like almost every older Cig has had at least the transom replaced if not some stringers also. But I don't hear one single bad word about Cig Mistress or Cafe Racers.
Pompous faces, bad mouthing Baja owners because they spent WAY less money, looking foolish for having 'thrown' money away............almost every older Cig has had its transom and stringers replaced...............

When I started reading these posts I put my boots on. I've now graduated to hip waders and soon will be looking for something that floats.

We're still waiting for that list of your thousand happy 25 Outlaw owners you know.......
Old 09-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Default Here are a for for you since you dont know how to search forums

Posts: n/a 25OL is a great boat, one of the most popular and many TBM MEMBERS have 'em. I just sold my 25 and if it wasnt for the new 30, I would have spent quite some time doing research on several boats and many different brands, there are so many factors in making a decision. I finally decided on the 25 Outlaw. It was the best boat (in that price range)for dozens of reasons. I've taken it out about three times so far and each time I like it more. It handles really well. The last time I was out, I was looking for rough water and would have gone in the ocean but that particular day there was so much haze I could not see the actual conditions. (Safety first!) But I did drive around the inlet which I'm sure you know can get rougher than the outside, and it handled great.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered

Default More

Oh, one more thing, if you read/ research all the reviews and comments of 25 Outlaw owners on this site or any other, they are usually happy with their Outlaw. Most of the time when they do sell, it's only to go bigger and better. ($$$$$ Ie. at least an extra 5 feet and another engine!)
Old 09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered

Default Another

I just upgraded from a 232 Islander w/496mag. to a 25Ol with Mag H.O. and absolutely love it. Works well at LOTO and is the king of the small lakes.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Registered

Default And another

True, the 25 Outlaw is a lot of boat for the money. Nice ride in the rough stuff and lots of room in the cuddy, cockpit and engine room.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered

Default hmmmmmmmmmm

Well...I think the time has finally come. After the long weekend, I think it is time to take the plunge and upgrade to a bigger boat. I currently own a 20 Outlaw and absolutely love the boat, but this summer most of my water excursions have been down the Jersey shore and I have taken a little bit of a beating.

In any event, I was debating between the 26 Outlaw and the Donzi 27ZR. After some research, I think I am going to pass on the Donzi as I can't justify spending an additional $20k over the 26. Yes the Donzi is nice, but I just can't get away from the Baja. I posted this on offshoreonly.com as I thought this forum would be a little biased. After thinking long and hard about this, I am actually debating on buying a used 25 rather then a new 26. My question is, how different are these boats and is it worth the extra money to buy the 26 or should I stick with a 25 and go the Raylar route. Spend the extra money and put some HP under the hatch. Has anyone upgraded from a 25 to a 26 (I know it is a long shot)

Quick Reply: From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.